Homesteaders

The gold nut is run through the 2x4 1x7 and 4x4. It's slightly counter set a little. Because the bolt is a little short. Also counter set the other side of the 4x4. The regular bolt is what holds the tire.

I counter set the backside of the 2x4 so that it fits behind without catching on the frame
By not doing this and using a washer it would be harder for the tire to pull out.

By making the second hole further up I could've got a little higher clearance. bottom hole 2" from the end with a 4" wheel next hole another 2" up changing it to 3 1/2". The hole in the frame is 4" off the ground

You could add more washers and not counter set for the backside of the wheel bolt
When using a spade bit for the counterset MAKE SURE you do the bigger hole first, then the smaller bit can go all the way through

Last edited:
I once grew my cantaloupes up a fence and they were beautiful. I think things grown up stay cleaner with less fungal problems. The sun can reach the plants easier too. You may need to water more unless you mulch well. Plants that lay on the ground create their own mulch blocking out weeds and shading the root area.

I once grew my cantaloupes up a fence and they were beautiful. I think things grown up stay cleaner with less fungal problems. The sun can reach the plants easier too. You may need to water more unless you mulch well. Plants that lay on the ground create their own mulch blocking out weeds and shading the root area.

I figured that cantaloupe would be to heavy for vertical growing. I may try it to make more room in the garden. Not really able to extend the garden without redoing a lot of fence.

Back to the 'tiny houses', you should check out Green Fire Farms Facebook page and see what the did with a couple smallish storage containers. Pretty neat, three stories high with a covered screened in porch/deck up top. Overlooking all their coops.

There's an interesting house that was built last summer near me. The base of the house is a quonset hut, with a bump out on either end, standard stick built construction to introduce natural lighting into the home. I'm guessing that bedrooms and bathrooms are housed in the QH, while livingroom and kitchen are in the stick built areas. I assume it would be a very inexpensive way to gain a lot of floor space. but, based on my old chicken coop, wedding stick built features to the existing shape of the cattle panel hoop, the build can also be a nightmare.

http://www.quonsethuts.org/huts/

There's an interesting house that was built last summer near me. The base of the house is a quonset hut, with a bump out on either end, standard stick built construction to introduce natural lighting into the home. I'm guessing that bedrooms and bathrooms are housed in the QH, while livingroom and kitchen are in the stick built areas. I assume it would be a very inexpensive way to gain a lot of floor space. but, based on my old chicken coop, wedding stick built features to the existing shape of the cattle panel hoop, the build can also be a nightmare.

http://www.quonsethuts.org/huts/
Can you send us pics of this house?

Back
Top Bottom