Homesteaders

lol BE isnt even in the list of abbreviations, in my opinion it's easier to just say the name instead of abbreviating. less key strokes for them maybe but more confusing for everyone else, especially if you are using an abbreviation that is uncommon

Saying the name & typing the name are 2 totally different things. I don't see why BE was confusing at all since several of the previous posts were talking about Buckeyes. With as many posts @lazy gardener post's, I don't blame her one bit for abbreviating.

thats cool, I understand your point and your feelings are valid . nobody blamed anybody for anything. It's just easier to understand, especially if someone has comprehension issues. As well as the person who had to ask It also took me a little bit to figure it out. I imagine a lot of people would have been clueless if it were taken out of context.

I understand BO = Buff Orpingtons, EE = Easter Egger, RIR = Rhode Island Red, SS = Speckled Sussex; but I had never seen BE for Buckeye. Now that I asked, I know what BE stands for and will not need to ask again.
This site is rank with abbreviations and quite a lot of misspellings and missing punctuation. Sometimes I have to quit the site just to recover from "interpretation fatigue", it's almost like learning a foreign language.

Back
Top Bottom