Honey wine

mjdtexan

Songster
11 Years
Sep 30, 2008
Houston(ish)
I made some honey wine. It was my first attemp at making wine out of honey. I am drinking a glass of it right now. Its really really really really really really really really really really really realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly good. I only made one gallon of it though. I am gonna start a 6 gallon batch of it tomorrow.

I LOVE wine! In fact I am enjoying a glass right now! I have never made any though. I have also never heard of Honey wine but it sounds fantastic!! Would you consider sharing your recipe? Please???????????
bow.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
This is not my recipe. I followed this recipe.
I was married when I started this batch but got a divorce before I bottled it
sad.png

Chocolate Mead aka Liquid Sex Mead

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
The originator of the recipe is not responsible for hordes of chocolate-crazed women attacking your encampment in search of chocolate mead.

The basics of mead brewing should be mastered before performing any advanced projects. This recipe assumes a standard 5 gallon batch of mead using a 4 parts water to 1 part honey mixture (Must).

If you prefer your mead boiled, do so before adding any cocoa from this recipe as the foaming will remove the chocolate from the mix. Boiling is optional in mead and if you would like the pro's and con's, please ask. I personally boil nothing in mead making.

To your standard must, before adding the yeast add 16 oz of Cocoa Powder (Nestles works great). Mix well before adding yeast. You will notice a lag in the start of the yeast, however this is common and due to the oils in cocoa. It will start bubbling madly in a few days, but never as much as a normal mead.

THIS STEP IS VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT!
Cocoa contains a number of different very bitter oils that must be given time to break down. After the bubbling slows down, strain the must once, and put your fermenter/carboy away for one full year. Keeping the airlock on and checking the water level in it on occasion. Any other method of removing the oils will result in the loss of that little enzyme that the ladies are so fond of.

At the end of that year, sweeten to approx. 1.030 on a hydrometer (semi-sweet) or to taste. Clarify and bottle normally.

Some production notes: This mead leaves a very light aftertaste of chocolate that most people will not be able to identify readily. However the other effects of chocolate, i.e. orgasmic like pleasure is there. In the original test 1 of the samplers didn't care for it, 1 identified the flavor and tried to steal the bottle, and the other 28 thought it good with comments ranging from "very good" to "OH MY GOD!". I make 5 gallons each year to share with friends, and that is all due to space from brewing. I used an apple flower honey, but any light honey should work. Just avoid heavy flavored honeys that might overpower the chocolate. In addition brew down only once, a heroic mead would likewise overpower the delicate flavor.

Additional Note: The current batch now aged over two years has increased in chocolate flavor and smoothed very very very well. I no longer serve chocolate mead at less then two years of age. The Ladies of the Barony deserve nothing less then the best.

This mead is best served to the one you love ice cold, in candlelight, with a bowl of fresh strawberries for dipping. And privacy would be recommended.​

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom