*HOOONK!* I am tooting my own horn- look at these pretty eggs!

Chicken Fruit

Songster
10 Years
Feb 25, 2009
Echo Homestead
3989702997_548478f37b_b.jpg

I mean, I bought the breeds I have for this reason, and I trudge out to the barn each day to collect the eggs and let the chickens out, and I cook with these things every day- but some times when I see them all together in the carton... they just make me smile!

How wholesomely homey and pretty! *sigh*

Ahh! Look at that pink egg, and the gray blue one up top! lol. Someone make me a granny apron so I can spend all day in the kitchen baking goodies! hehehehe

Last edited:
I was going to get straight real ameraucana, but iam iam kinda glad I got EE's instead. The variations in their egg color is just SO worth it.

The pink egg is from my Cochin, the darker green/blue eggs is from an ugly EE, and other prettier eggs are from my muffed and bearded EE, and the different browns are from my Black Australorps, and some where is the color that my Light Brahma lays. I havent caught her in the act, so I dont know which she's laying. lol.

My dad has one light brahma hen, and it seems that her eggs are a bit on the lighter side of brown? But she lays the biggest eggs of all the birds, they are absolutely massive!

Very pretty eggs, now you need some welsummers or marans so you can have some dark ones too
big_smile.png

Quote:
Thats my welsummer roo in my avatar with me. I sold him though. lol. I didnt like the welsummer hen i had. I had some marans for dark eggs and I HATED them. What miserable birds. Dont buy Marans from Privitt. They are AWFUL!

But yeah. Maybe I'll try some welsummers again next year, just to spice it up!

Back
Top Bottom