Hooping it up!

I'll take the lack of replies as I am doing things right....lol.

Any advice so far?

Well, I have no advice, but I don't like you being ignored
1f622.png
. I told my husband what I wanted & he built it, so he's the expert. (I have a great husband).

Yea, I kind of get the feeling of being ignored, but obviously I have no reason for people to be ignoring me....lol.

I just look forward to hearing feedback (or even some praise) as a brand new chicken owner and fledgling carpenter. Kind of stinks when nobody says anything, but I am trying to take it as a good thing...lol

Yes, I am planning on finding some chain link on CL, and backing that up with hardware cloth. I haven't fully figured out how to have opening windows with the top surrounding the coop. Fighting with that right now.

Tried my hand at cedar shingles today. The pallet wood was just not co-operating....lol. Was able to cover where I needed to with one bundle, so it only cost me $26!

Now just needs the floor and roof, and then onto installing the gadgets (feeder, waterer)

Last edited:
The nest box side has been completed since the pictures, but didn't take new ones. Also threw a quick first coat of white on the bottom lattice.

Last edited:
Coop floor finished (aside from caulking around the wood). I weighed the "bubble" in the middle down with some weights overnight.

Back
Top Bottom