HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Are there any standard Delaware breeders in Indiana? I am just getting started and this seems to be the breed that I am most intrigued with right now. I did order delawares from a hatchery, but I would like to try to find some breeder Delawares to get started with...most likely culling my hatchery delawares to make room for them.

Just got my buff orps yesterday, and they're doing well. Funny to see them nod off .... one nodded off into the water with her beak and them promptly jerked her head up and drank a little....too funny.

Quote:
I just sent a friend request. Maybe when I am down that way I can join in.

Well, I hope to run into you sometime! One of my friends, who has chickens but doesn't go calls it our chickens anonamous club
gig.gif

Hello All Fellow Hoosier Poultry People,

I'm just outside of Columbus, (at Newbern, near Hartsville). I haven't checked into the forum lately, just wanted to say hello and mention to anyone close that we are having an APA/ABA sanctioned show on April 30th at the Bartholomew Co. Fairgrounds at Columbus. There is also a Chick Day 4-H Fundraiser at the local feed mill, Daily's Feed & Grain on SR 46 outside of Columbus. This event is on March 5 from 8-noon. We will have several rare breeds of chicks available, including bantams and sexed brown egg layer pullets. You can email or call me about either of these events. My email and phone # are on the website at the bottom of this posting.

I'm currently hatching LF Buckeyes, SC Rhode Island Reds, White Plymouth Rocks and White Leghorns. Bantams in SC & RC RIR, Black LaFleche, White LaFleche and Kentucky Speck. Also White Runner and White Call ducks- as well as breeding Cinnamon, New Zealand and Californian rabbits.

We are in process of purchasing my parent's 14 acres and moving there, my animals are already there. I am nearly done with my hatchery renovation on the farm, I already have eggs in one of the Sportsmans and I'm ready to fire up the Humidaires as soon as possible. I expect we will expand back to several of the breeds that I formally had when my hatchery was in Kentucky. I strategically placed them with people I trust when I downsized a couple of years ago and I have still been very involved in their selection and breeding.

This year we are concentrating on vegetable production and raising pastured broilers, some turkeys for market. I have some projects in the works including a couple involving ducks and one involving breeding a new strain of heritage broilers, but we will see how much my time allows.

Anyway, hopefully some of you can make it to the show or Chick Days

Matt John

Last edited:
If anyone's interested, I have two 8 month old male ducks for sale $50. One is a white Call and one is a Mandarin. Very pretty boys from breeder Jim Konecny in IL. Picture on my BYC page. Need to make room for a couple more chickens.

Also have a mated pair of Birmingham Rollers $15.

I am in Indianapolis and I am looking for some black australorp pullets anyone have any they want to sell? I have called Orschlien, TSC, and Rural King and no one has them in yet. If anyone sees any at one of those stores close to indy let me know I am hoping to go the day they arrive so they arent handled too much or mixed up.

Orschlien lady was real nice she said they are getting pullets and there is no minimum.
TSC said 6 minimum and they are straight run and should be here by the end of the month.
Rural King didnt know and said they should be here any day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom