HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Possibly--I've started giving vitamins to the remaining chicks. Still a mystery why that group when all the others have been fine--all from my breeders, so no difference there. I'm stumped!
Thanks for the suggestion--I'm following through!

Quote:
Thanks! I'll check them out
smile.png
Have you been to this one before? I'm always a little nervous about auctions since the stock can sometimes be unhealthy =/

Quote:
Thanks! I'll check them out
smile.png
Have you been to this one before? I'm always a little nervous about auctions since the stock can sometimes be unhealthy =/

Diiinnkkkyyysss
droolin.gif
I'm having serious Dinky withdrawls. I havent been since last fall
hit.gif
I've been going for the past 2 years. Yes, sometimes there are sick birds there but there are also alot of healthy stuff there too. You never know what they will have. Sometimes there isn't anything I'm intersted in and other nights I hit my spending limit in the first hour or two. Btw, sometimes these auctions will last until 9pm. The later in the night, the lower the prices usually go BUT the good stuff usually is sold earlier in the night. I've never seen a really good silkie but yes, they usually have them. You also want to get there a little before the auction begins because unless they have changed it again, once the auction starts, the area around the birds/rabbits/piglets or whatever is in the poultry room is roped off and you cant go look at everything. Some things are in cardboard boxes and without opening them, you dont' know until they hit the ring and then theres really no time to inspect them.

I know I'm not from Indiana - don't stone me! But, we are firing up our monthly swap meet again and for southern indiana, it's not that far a drive!

Sadieville Swap - northern Scott County

SATURDAY, APRIL 2

Marathon parking lot, I 75 exit 136 - porter road (about an hour south of Cincinnati!)

We have a thread for folks to post what they are bringing and what they are looking for.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5938320#p5938320

Hi Everyone,

My name is Melissa. I live about 25 minutes east of Indianapolis. I'm a wife and mother of three. I have a 4-year-old daughter and two 4-month-old daughters (yes, identical twins!). I own an animal training business and I am chicken obsessed. I'd LOVE to meet a few people who have the same proble, er...passion for chickens that I have. I currently own 1 Black Australorp Rooster named Lyle, 6 Red Sex-Links (my absolute favorites!!), 5 Black Sex-Links, 7 EEs. I don't like my EEs at all though they lay well and have pretty eggs. Yesterday I purchased three chicks. One of each Buff Orpington, Barred Rock and Rhode Island Red.

I am looking to borrow or rent an incubator (not a living one!) so I can experiment with hatching a few eggs. I'm also looking for a duck hen or duckling. I don't care what breed, but would prefer something that lays frequently. Maybe a Khaki Campbell. I'd prefer to purchase from one of you, rather than buying something at my local farm store.

I will pm you with a ladys number in Lafayette. My phone is almost dead so when I get out of class and can hook it up. She is trying to sell her ducks. I think I remember her saying she has cambell, peking and something else.

Melissa, I'm curious why you don't like your EEs? Mine (I have 3) are not very friendly, but since I lost both my super-friendly Buff Orps to hawks last fall the EE girls have become more social. I wonder if they are just grumpy because they tend to be at the bottom of the pecking order?

I'm planning to get more Buff Orps this spring - those two were the sweetest of my small flock.

Back
Top Bottom