HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Hello, my name is Amanda I'm 34 years old, The mother of a beautiful 6 year old daughter. I am from southwestern Indiana and I have 4 Rhode Island Reds, 3 Black Australorps and 3 Silver Laced Wyandottes, they are now 10 weeks old. This is my first flock, an adventure that my mother and I are taking together.

I am looking for Silkies. I'm from Alabama but due to the power outage we are here with family since we cant work anyways. I will be in the Bedford or Elnora area. Please let me know.

I lost chicks and all shipped eggs in the power outage.
BUT we are very lucky to all be safe.

Last edited:
Quote:
If you can make it to my house I've been saving eggs for you, just incase you made it for a visit.. Haven't check fertility since I moved everyone around, but you can have them. I'm just glad you are safe and sound. My brother still has no power either, hope it is aback on soon.

Does anyone want a mixed cockerel as either a pet or to raise for food? He is a 14 week old BO/Faverolle cross.

I also know of a Polish (at least I think that is what he is) rooster that is living at a rescue that would really like a flock of his own.

Last edited:
Hello fellow hoosiers,
I'm sure this has been asked before but I didn't want to run through the pages as my internet connection is awful.
I get feed at Rural King and a bag of All Flock is over $11 for a 50lb bag (not too bad considering TSC prices).
I need a feed mill that's close by like around Evansville or Washington (I live right in between).
Anyone know of one?
I've called a few that I used to use for horse feed but apparently they've been shut down.
hmm.png

Why and Dotte

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of someone around the Anderson area (or a reasonable distance) where I can get a Frizzled Polish hen for a friend of mine?
I'm not sure, but I think she's wanting it for 4-H, but she can't seem to find one.
Any information would be appreciated.

Hello all.

My name is Matt, 26 years old, married w/ 2 kids (1 & 3).

I'm in the Greensburg area and I'm a total n00b.

I've got 8 orps (4 blue and 4 black) all about 4 weeks old. Looking to get some eggs (if I have any hens, that is) and some meat birds. If anyone is in the area and wants to teach a newbie, I'm more than willing to learn.

Back
Top Bottom