HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Quote:
I don't know. But I'd be interested in hearing what's available around us! I don't feed organic, but I feel like my feed bill is painful. My flock of 35 +15 juveniles eats 10lbs per day.

Quote:
I don't know. But I'd be interested in hearing what's available around us! I don't feed organic, but I feel like my feed bill is painful. My flock of 35 +15 juveniles eats 10lbs per day.

Right now, Central Indiana Organic's prices are around $24 for a 50Lb sack of layer feed, $26 for chick starter, there is a 19% grower feed which is probably between the two in price, and grains ($13.50 for 50Lb wheat, $15 for 50Lb corn).

The prices have skyrocketed over the last year, with the rising price of organic commodities. Only last spring, the layer mash cost $18, chick starter cost $19, wheat cost $9, corn cost $8.50. I have hopes tht the prices will come down again in time. It's excellent feed though. As you're only a few miles south of Lebanon, it almost pays for itself in gas
smile.png

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I am considering selling my LF phoenix quad. They are from a hatchery, though I've been told that the hens are of nice quality. The rooster's tail points up like a leghorn's does. Unfortunately. He's still beautifully marked and very tame.

The rooster is a golden duckwing. There are two silver hens and one bb red hen. They range in age from 5-6 months. One of the hens does lay, the others have not started.

I am asking 40.00 for all of them. Or can trade for something else. I would really like some true ameraucanas and some nice silkies. A welsh harlequin duck and/or drake.

I am 25 mins east of Indy. I am also planning on attending the Knox swap meet on the 9th. So could potentially deliver somewhere along the way. Just PM me if you think you may be interested!

64761_imgp0063-1.jpg

64761_imgp0085-1.jpg

I also have two nice black easter egger cockerels for 3.00. They are about 12 weeks old. Friendly. Not yet crowing.

Hello Fellow Hoosiers:)
I am looking for a home for our Buttercup Rooster (he's about 6 months old). He's friendly with people, but not with our other roosters.
Please pass this along to anyone who might be interested in him.
I'll try to post a picture of him tomorrow. Poor guy, we have to keep him separate from the rest of the flock.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom