HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Does anyone have any good source of local feed in Southern Indiana (Bloomington area)? I hear a lot of people on here talk about purchasing feed for their chickens from a local feed mill, where does one look to find one of those?

thanks,
Nathan

yep, not that far away! I have a daughter that lives N.E of Kouts not far from Wanatah..Thank you for your offer ,But.I'm sure I want some Cochins...but I really like the mille flur or calico colors. Hope your new chicks are all pullets!!! I know out of my 8 I have at least 3 roos....they'll go to my daughters if they are!

You know how it goes when the reality of how big your chick order is, right? LOL I thought I'd try just in case! Good luck getting your little Cochins. :)

Hi neighbors, I'm traveling down through michigan to northern indiana this weekend. There is not anyone that lives near me who raises silkies. Anyone anywhere close to Merrillville happen to raise silkies, and maybe have some eggs they are willing to part with? PM me please if you do - thanks :D

I'm in NE Indiana and looking forward to the Wolf Lake Swap Meet tomorrow between Albion and Ligonier. Looking for a Sebastapol goose, royal palm tom, and black tailed white japanese hens. Hard to tell what I'll come home with. We're kinda lookin for a miniature jack too, but he has to get along with sheep and llamas and leave alone the peafowl, guineas, ducks, and chickens!

molly

Hi, I'm JReynolds from NE Indiana. I am married and am the "mother" of lots of animal children. We have 2 Peking ducks (Ping, and Quackers), 2 Bantams OEG I think (Roo Manchu and Reeses Pieces), 1 Red sex link (Sexy Lady), 1 Indian Runner duckling (Twiggy), 1 Rouen duckling (Josie), 3 Brahma chicks (1 is named Hermes, I can't tell the other two apart), a BR chick (Zeus), 2 chicks that we think are either New Hampshire or Buff Orp (Benedict and Sangria), and 1 Mystery Chick (Gracie). We also have 2 Parakeets (Raphael and Twinky), 1 giant black lab named Jack Frost, and a pug/boston terrier mix named Snort.

We just started raising our outdoor birds this spring, and are enjoying it and learning a lot! Our birds are in a very large fenced in backyard on our 2 acre property and we love sitting in the backyard watching "Bird TV". They crack me up soo much!!!!
lau.gif

I don't think we are really looking for any new birds right now, but I know my DH would love to have some EE's someday. They are such interesting birds! Nothing for sale either, our girls are too young to lay!
As newbies, we would love any tips/advise though!

We just started raising our outdoor birds this spring, and are enjoying it and learning a lot! Our birds are in a very large fenced in backyard on our 2 acre property and we love sitting in the backyard watching "Bird TV". They crack me up soo much!!!!
lau.gif

As newbies, we would love any tips/advise though!

Doesn't sound like you need any advise! Sounds to me like you've got the biggest part of it down - ENJOYING them!
smile.png
Bird TV (chicken tv in my case) is the best!

Im a Hoosier BORN AND RAISED !! I have 2 Buffs, 2 Barred Rocks, 4 New Hampshires..And just got 2 cochins and 2 polish chicks they were suppost to just be for fresh eggs but now we love them so much they are more like pets i call them are kids...im new to chickens so any info will help the stores that sell chicks seem to know nothing about chickens.

Back
Top Bottom