HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

Hello everyone. I've been on here for awhile and I'm having a hard time finding the chicks I am looking for. I have silkies and I'm looking for black and splash. I live in Floyd county, if anyone close has any or knows someone that does, can you please contact me. I have white, partridge and I believe buff, pretty sure I have more cockerels than pullets and will be re homing some when they get bigger and I decide which ones I want. I am pretty sure I have at least 4 cockerels out of 10, 2 more I believe are but not as sure as the others. Looking to add 3 or 4 but wanting pullets even interested in older birds, don't have to be chicks.

Hey Momma, I just hatched SQ Silkie chicks. They are beautiful. I'm located outside of Evansville on the north east side in Warrick county. I'm fairly new to the area so I don't know exactly how far apart we are. If you are interested let me know.

Got up this morning to find my Dominique on the floor of my coop dead. . . . . not sure what happened to her. I have 2 chickens with a swollen eye not sure what is going on there either.

Peeps, they are so cute. I'm not sure how far away you are either. I think I need to wait and see what mine turn into. This is my first time with chicks and I know that I will have to re home some roos so my hubby wants me to wait. I will keep you in mind when I do go to get some, I want some really nice black chicks. Good luck with your new chicks.

Peeps, they are so cute. I'm not sure how far away you are either. I think I need to wait and see what mine turn into. This is my first time with chicks and I know that I will have to re home some roos so my hubby wants me to wait. I will keep you in mind when I do go to get some, I want some really nice black chicks. Good luck with your new chicks.

Hi Momma, I understand watching yours grow and develop. They are so much fun. Hope you have more pullets than roos. I only got 2 beautiful black chicks out of this hatch, both with vaulted skulls. I am hoping they are pullets as I plan on keeping them for my breeding program. Enjoy your chicks!

You seem to know some about silkies. I have a 7 week old chick that looks different from the rest and really far behind in feathering, is this chick still a silkie? That is what I was told and since I got my chicks from this breeder, she has had more hatch that look just like this one. What do you think? Mix or just slow developer?

Sorry for the slow response but I was away at a family gathering. Looking at your pics, I would say she is a mix. The feathering on wings and tail don't look correct as there is just not enough fluff, It appears the skin and legs are black and the comb will probably be correct. Does she have 5 toes? It is hard to tell if the leg feathering is average and if there is feathering on the toes from the pictures. Tell me about the dark coloring I am seeing on her wings and tail. Is this skin showing through? Silkie mixes can be really cute, you just never know until they fill out.

Back
Top Bottom