HOOSIERS Only - INDIANA - Ru1?

I am located outside of Warren, IN (about 30mins SW of Ft Wayne) and would like to give away two cockerels. They are now 10wks old and were the "packing peanuts" from a duck order I placed with Ideal. Im assuming they are just Production Red cockerels, but I could very well be wrong. I dont care if you plan to use them for meat, pets, or breeding. Again, just looking to give them away. Let me know if anyone is interested. I could get pictures for anyone interested.

I honestly don't think 4 x 4 is nearly big enough, even for bantams. It sounds like you have your mind made up though.

As for winter, we use a dog bowl that plugs in for water. We paid about $15 for it at Walmart. Otherwise we don't use any heat or light but we may add a non-heating light this winter. Last winter our girls were pullets and I read that the length of day issues don't affect pullets like they do older hens.

I hang my feeders and waterers on chains from the ceiling. I use my heat lamps that I use to brood chicks and clamp and zip tie them to the water chains and point them towards the water but far enough away not to melt the plastic. The zip ties are vital to preventing coop fires. The lamps not only keep the water from freezing, it helps heat the coop a little too.

I am in Southern Indiana, and I need a rooster for my 7 hens. I kept waiting for one of them to show signs and start crowing, but they were all pullets! :)

I am in Southern Indiana, and I need a rooster for my 7 hens. I kept waiting for one of them to show signs and start crowing, but they were all pullets! :)
Most people would be thrilled that none showed signs of being a roo...lol! I'm sure you'll have no problems finding a roo for free or very cheap
hmm.png

Looking to get rid of 3 male Guineas. They are 5 months old. Pearl, Whitish (not a pure white as it had markings as keet, but I cant see any now), and a Pied Royal Purple. Looking to get $10 each but very negotiable. I am located South of Ft Wayne off of I69 (about 30-40mins south).

Right now, 8 bantam barred rock chicks out of my son's show birds. They range from 4 weeks to a week old. I will take $70 for all. They should make great show birds. I live in Greencastle IN.

Does anyone around New Albany have any Bowtie showgirl chicks for sale. I am looking for 2 or 3, maybe 2 girls and a boy or all 3 girls. I have silkies and recently saw some showgirls in person and really would like to add a few to my small flock. I'm not looking for any certain color just bowtie showgirls, if you have some for sale or know where i can get a few, please let me know how much you are asking and how old they are. They do not have to be chicks as long as they are young. They don't have to be laying either just looking for some nice showgirls.

Back
Top Bottom