Hope I did the right thing..

lanaschix

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 21, 2014
new chickens, 4 mo old. Thankfully I had them in isolation. I have had them for 5 days and they started sneezing and coughing and blowing snot bubbles. We live in Florida and the hurricane is coming. It was a difficult decision but decided to cull them. I would have had to put them in the garage with my other chickens. It's the only place I have to keep them during the storm. I couldn't risk my chickens catching it. In addition, I have read a lot about respiratory illnesses causing permanent flock carrier status and such. I feel bad and hope I didn't make a mistake.

my prayers are with you all during this storm season
May I respond to your situation
I would say your birds were from a flock that carried this disease. and fortunate for you they were isolated from the healthy chickens.
they would have been carriers and you did the right thing
so stay safe and hopeful as to your decision

:hugsso sorry for your situation. you were right to do what you had to do and i pray for God to comfort and protect you. He provides us with the responsibility of being good stewards and you did exactly that...u prevented the unnecessary suffering of sick birds and you protected your flock from illness. Stay safe!!!

Back
Top Bottom