Hope this helps someone! green snot remedy?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by RedfogsFlock, Apr 26, 2013.

1. RedfogsFlock

RedfogsFlock Songster

Jan 17, 2010
    Wittmann, AZ
    Recently I bought 6 silkie chicks. I get them home & find 3 are sick. By morning 2 were gone. Leaving me 4 chicks. By that afternoon I saw the one chick blowing green snot bubbles out her nose. She was very lethargic, & only drinking. She's now 7 weeks old and outside with the flock
    Now a week and a half ago I got 3 polish chicks. They also had green snot bubble coming out their noses. They now are all better.
    So here is what I did for them. 1. I got them sun bulbs. Instead of a regular light bulb I used a bulb that put off uv rays for growing plants. 2. Every morning I mixed into a pint size mason jar fresh water with 1 tablespoon Duramycin & 1/4 teaspoon of save a chick electrolytes. 3. On warm days when the outdoor temp. was at least 90 I put them outside for a few hours with their water.
    ALL my chicks are well & running around like the lil bosses they are! I hope this helps someone!;)

2. Rich386

Rich386 Songster

Jul 21, 2011
    Live Oak, FL
    Thanks good information to have.

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Glen St Mary, Florida
    I'm glad your chicks are doing well. Hopefully there wont be any future internal problems with the overdosing of duramycin.
    http://www.durvet.com/dl/Durvet-Poultry-Brochure.pdf

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: