Hope This Saves A Turkey From Blackhead

Pics
Dont rely on Cayenne Pepper; I tried this and lost two turkeys. I would highly recommend oil of oregano and Metronidazole. I purchased mine from First State Veterinary Supply on line.

Hi folks,
This is what I have learned from my dreadful experience with Blackhead. I would like to first like to tell you what I tried and it DIDNT work.

1. Apple cider vinegar ( not at all )

2. Regular worming regiment ( didnt prevent )

3. Cayenne pepper ( lost two turkeys trying this )

What I tried and saved my last turkey.

1. Oil of Oregano ( tried for three days and turkey started recovering )

2. Metronidazole ( just to make sure I kept it from coming back )

I would very much like to thank First State Veterinary Supply for the later advise. I wish I would have called him first before these other "crazy attempts "
You sure are an ill-mannered, sour, rude individual. I posted WHAT WORKED FOR ME, AND MY TURKEY. Wow, thanks for the reminding me not to post any suggestions or helpful advise on this forum in the future. Chicken keeping sure does make for some ill individuals. Here's a tidbit for ya. What works for one, doesn't work for all. Happens with treatments all the time. All I know is it worked in 1 1/2 days for me. You probably didn't give enough, or do it correctly. Glad people in the ranching world aren't so sour and ungrateful as some of the backyard chicken herders.

Last edited:
Oh, and another thing, cayenne obviously worked for the individual who originally posted the remedy on the internet. I followed that person's advice and put A LOT of cayenne in the water.

You sure are an ill-mannered, sour, rude individual. I posted WHAT WORKED FOR ME, AND MY TURKEY. Wow, thanks for the reminding me not to post any suggestions or helpful advise on this forum in the future. Chicken keeping sure does make for some ill individuals. Here's a tidbit for ya. What works for one, doesn't work for all. Happens with treatments all the time. All I know is it worked in 1 1/2 days for me. You probably didn't give enough, or do it correctly. Glad people in the ranching world aren't so sour and ungrateful as some of the backyard chicken herders.

FWIW - the poster to whom you are addressing your response has not been active/online since 2013 when they posted that reply in your thread - so you are likely wasting your breath and needlessly investing emotions into something that they have long since moved on from.

Back
Top Bottom