Hopefully a challenge!

@NatJ

Ok, now the case is cracked.

Red frizzle Roo x golden seabright hen.

If I wants to replicate this chick, but with a crest. Is that possible? I have a ton of crested birds to choose from.

So basically my wife saw this bird, and was in love with it. I am trying to replicate it, but obviously with a gold seabright.

Attachments

• C8D7FB78-C2A1-44F2-A064-421E42088043.jpeg
    C8D7FB78-C2A1-44F2-A064-421E42088043.jpeg
    832.6 KB · Views: 21
Admittedly I would not have guessed sebright×frizzle silkie. But that's because I thought Basty would have brought us more of a challenge. Here's to thinking ALL possibilities, and not over or under estimate anything
Red Wine Cheers GIF by Ovation TV

How did you find any!? From what I understand they're very hard to find, and of course not a recognized color
We got a pair a whole back.

This winter he and his mate didn't go back into the coop for some reason on night and it snowed almost 2' overnight. We couldn't find them then next morning and we're obviously devastated, and thought they were killed and eaten.

Lo and behold, about 2 weeks later, they reappeared - super emaciated and the rooster had lost nearly all of his feathers. I ended up traces of where they were staying, which was under a blue spruce tree. Not sure what they did to survive, but they did.

Anyway, we began nursing them and I thought for certain he was going to die based on his condition. But - he didn't. Still alive, but his feathers have never grown back 😭. By all accounts he is healthy, behaved normally, etc. but looks absolutely terrible. No amount of protein% seems to get those feathers to come back at a steady rate. We call him "zombie frizz" now and I am still waiting for him to keel over at some point.

Attachments

• 18E1C8BE-3778-4B86-8CF9-24195C230302.jpeg
    18E1C8BE-3778-4B86-8CF9-24195C230302.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 6131FB29-99FF-4001-B918-C41AA52ED839.jpeg
    6131FB29-99FF-4001-B918-C41AA52ED839.jpeg
    941.6 KB · Views: 16
We got a pair a whole back.

This winter he and his mate didn't go back into the coop for some reason on night and it snowed almost 2' overnight. We couldn't find them then next morning and we're obviously devastated, and thought they were killed and eaten.

Lo and behold, about 2 weeks later, they reappeared - super emaciated and the rooster had lost nearly all of his feathers. I ended up traces of where they were staying, which was under a blue spruce tree. Not sure what they did to survive, but they did.

Anyway, we began nursing them and I thought for certain he was going to die based on his condition. But - he didn't. Still alive, but his feathers have never grown back 😭. By all accounts he is healthy, behaved normally, etc. but looks absolutely terrible. No amount of protein% seems to get those feathers to come back at a steady rate. We call him "zombie frizz" now and I am still waiting for him to keel over at some point.

To meet that looks like a frazzle, but I don't know enough about the gene to talk. Have you tried meat scraps? :p

To meet that looks like a frazzle, but I don't know enough about the gene to talk. Have you tried meat scraps? :p
I believe frizzle Cochin is exact - but I might be wrong.

We throw them meat scraps, and id assume he gets them because he is the alpha dog in the bantam coop. But I can probably try to get him some directly, good idea.

@BastyPutt ahhh mannnnnn! I'm late to the answer party but promise sebright cross was my first guess.

After black and white EEs, my other fixation is Lakenvelder pattern but I want additional head/tail colors other than black.

Awesome you got your designer peep on the ground!

Back
Top Bottom