Hoping that I have a few chicks soon!

pa2chitown

Chirping
Nov 28, 2015
0.jpg

"Hatch-a-long" is to share the hatch right? It pipped!! Just outside the circle...better late than never! I hope!

Arrived a few hour into th 26th day? Although, i wrote 7b on bottom of egg, not 7/11. Its either a mistake or i put two from the same hen in the incubator on that day, one which would have come out of the refrigerator (i checked temp before using an egg from refrigeration, it was ok). Here is the little loud mouth :yiipchick He didnt take a break all night (dominique markings, boy or girl?):

My dog (gidgett) has wanted the squeaky toy since it started to hatch. Ive not let her get too close, and told her to be gentle, and to be good. She wanted squeaky so much, and was so excited. Today, the 3rd day, Gidg laid down and splayed he paws to the side. I knew this was Gidg being careful, so i let her inspect. Btw, single chick, expecting company in about 24 hrs, is doing very well. It is nestling in heated bed/box most of the time. Will cry if removed from box and not nestled, like the box is its mom. Eating and drinking...doesnt seem to mind being an only child. I take it out to socialize it with me, and to stretch its legs a little more, and have shown it to the parents. ...one hen laid and then went back in the box after another laid. It got off when i lifted the lid, so not broody. Just curious if a chick could make a hen go broody?
Here are the pics...

Back
Top Bottom