**HORRENDOUS MOLT or something more sinister?!***

Once my brown breasted red hen molted....but only her neck at once.....poor thing lost evrry feather on her neck and I laughed at her and called her a vulture
tongue.png
then the pretty, new shiney feathers grew in and she was beautiful again!!

Interesting bird. I thought her eyes might look swollen but I think it's the loss of feathers. I'd start with a good poultry dusting and scrubbing out the hen house. Winter will be coming on and you want them to have some feathers!

Quote:
Why would you recommend poultry dust & scrubbing out the hen house if she's just molting?! Unless you think it's something else. If so, what makes you think so?

I thought it was against BYC law to take a picture of a molting bird.?
lol.png

Mine are all molting right now too, some a lot "harder" than others. I hope that all that is going on with her.

(\\ /)
( 00)
(" ")

soo cute
are they supposed to be so fluffy because i want fluffy chickens too!

Last edited:
Quote:
You're funny. They are called "Frizzles" because they have the frizzle gene, which makes their feathers look curly/backwards/fluffy, whatever you want to call them. Mine are bantam Cochin Frizzles. Monica, Rachel & Phoebe. They're characters!

Chickie'sMoma :

Quote:
not quite against BYC law, just not a decent thing to do to your pretty girls & boys-showing them at their worst!
tongue.png

Oh, puhleeeze. They LOVE the publicity!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom