horror movies too scary or gross and you didn't like

Quote:
That's funny. DH and I are the ones watching movies like that, that go....."Some one kill her already!" Like in that one movie with the gigantic bugs in the fog. I one lady that was trying to turn everyone against the good guys. When she got shot, my DH and I were like ..."YES! ABOUT TIME!"

That was a stupid movie.

The novelette that King wrote was scary as heck. The movie just fell short. His books take place so much in the readers' mind that I don't think that his works carry over to film well.

I didn't like the saw movies. I can't remeber the name of the movie but these kids bought a video game and as they started playing and they wanted to quit it wouldn't let them. Als if they would die in the game they would die in real life. Do you know the name of that movie?

Quote:
I tend to love the low budget ones just because of how awful they tend to be. My friends and I used to have a series of drinking games just for this purpose. Of course, the awfulness isn't always limited to low budget.

My sons and I like to pretend that we are on an episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000 and stop the movie every few seconds to make fun of it.

I miss that show! I bet doing that is a blast
lol.png

Like:

American Werewolf in London
Originals of:
Creature from the Black Lagoon
The Mummy
The Blob
Halloween w/Jamie Lee
Dracula
Frankenstein
Laurel & Hardy meet Frankenstein
Dr. Jeckle & Mr. Hyde
The Island of Dr Moreo (sp?)
The Thing w/James Arness
Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Boris Karloff and Lon Chaney Rule the monster world!!!

Don't like:
Bloody, gorey, torture.

Totally disgusting--Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things--grossed me out!!

ETA--I keep remembering good ones

Last edited:
The Exorcist............. when I first saw it.... jeesh scared the hell out of me... I no longer watch any horror films... cant handle the nightmares... even now!

I tend to watch horror films that are either funny (like Shaun of the Dead) or so ridiculous that even if you're grossed out you're not really scared-- like Brain Dead, otherwise known as Dead Alive.

Also watched one called Poultrygeist, which.....umm, I don't recommend, even if you love chickens. Or perhaps especially if you love chickens.

Certain things are a lot scarier to me than others. I could watch people's heads get chopped off all day, but if someone's eyes get gouged out I'm out of the room. Planet Terror I found pretty entertaining, but Death Proof I hated. It probably didn't help that one of my colleagues at the time looks exactly like Kurt Russel did in that movie.

Quote:
That is an awesome web site. I love to read his recaps of movies that are either too scary or to bad for me to actually want to sit through, and some of them have even inspired me to see a movie I'd never heard of! Being funny as all get out doesn't hurt, either.

Back
Top Bottom