Horse lovers out there

I have three horses on my property. My first horse was sweetheart, she is 3, a brown and white tobaino paint
cowboy14monthsjuly045.jpg

Our second was chloe, she was bought and sold many times when i bought her 1.5 years ago. i am her 7th owner she is only 9 and a really great trail horse and has a home here forever.
clo.jpg

This is our baby, cowboy. HE is the sweetest colt. He is a 16 month foundation quarterhorse red dun. We hope he is our stallion one day, not a mean bone in this body.
cowboy14monthsjuly046.jpg

Last edited:
Chloe is georgeous! And I've always loved paints - they're just so pretty!
I originally wanted a black and white paint, then realised I need to look more at the horses personality and suitability for ME that how they look.
My Rosie is perfect for me, and she's no oil painting - well she's really cute to me, but she was badly neglected by a previous owner and has scars all over her face from flies...

Whoa, yall have some beautiful horses. Very healthy looking. I don't have any horses, my dad did for a little while. I'd like to have a few when I buy more land.

Ok....Here's mine....

This is the only horse. This is my DH's ride Buck
April06016-1.jpg

Here's my DD's saddle mule Cotton, otherwise known as "Dirty White Boy".
April06017.jpg

And here's my saddle mule Romeo.
April06024-1.jpg

I know a mule comes from mating a donkey with a horse, but is it a female horse with a male donkey or the other way around? Or does it not matter? Also is it true that a mule can't reproduce?

I'm just curious, I've always wondered about mules.

To get a mule, the female is the horse and the male is the donkey.
To get a henney, the female is the donkey and the male is the horse.
Mules are sterile. (Sometimes there is an exception, but very rarely.)

Have I confused anyone?
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom