Horse people I need your help!

I'll be a party pooper - I think I'd stick with something made for the purpose. Those look much stronger than a dog collar buckle - the English ones have two horse buckles, and the Western night latch looks really heavy and strong...and is longer than a dog collar, it gets wrapped around. Reason being, I'd hate to have it come undone or break when I was hanging onto it for dear life.

That's sort of what I was thinking too, Welsummerchicks.

I think Craig Cameron was the trainer at the expo I saw using the night latch. My dad went up to talk to him at his booth after the seminar and asked about it, but they were super duper expensive because it was at a horse expo.

Another gift you might consider is a subscription to Trailrider magazine. I love mine and my husband and I fight over who gets to read it first. Also, in case you dont know about it, there is a free website called www.tennesseetrailriders.com. There are members from all over the world, you can post pictures there, find out about great trail riding places, post trailriding events, there is an classified section for selling things or services, blog spot, and chat room. If you have a group of friends that you ride with regularly, come up with a name and form your own 'gang' or 'posse'. You can also find other people to ride with on there. Lots of information can be found and lots of great pictures, too. They even put out a calender chosen from pictures that members have posted.

I just wanted to update you guys and let everyone know I decided to get him a year subscription to Trail Rider magazine. Apparently he had mentioned he wanted the next issue to my mom as an idea for a gift. He'll be thrilled with a whole year subscription I'm sure!

I'm planning on getting him a little trail emergency kit for him for Fathers' day. I figured since winter is coming he won't do as much riding, but I'm sure he'll enjoy sitting down with his magazine.

Thanks againf or all the ideas! I still want to get the nightlatch, but I might just end up ordering one for myself to try. Most I found were only about $20 or so on the trainer's website.

Back
Top Bottom