Horseback Riders?

Quote:
Ohhhh hope you do get back into it! It is hard to be out of it for long
big_smile.png
. I LOVE Appys! Great horses great minds! Cutteeee pony!

Quote:
That would be sooo fascinating to own a horse like that!!!!! Im sorry you have to put him down because of colic. I had to put my best mare, mustang, down last summer. She coliced, too. She was soo goood I rode her when my little one went. Gaited are niccceeee!! I love both of those!!

I have a 4 year old AQHA gelding. He is very dark brown and his registered name is Zips Luteniant Dan! lol
big_smile.png
and he is my baby and such a sweetheart plus he is 15.2 hh so he is a big boy and he loves following me. And he is in the middle of training and is doing very good and is gonna be a trail horse/western pleasure

Hi! 2 quarter horse here. My mare is Sky Blue Frost, out of Sky Blue Walker. She is 16.1 hands! She is a Hunter under saddle and doing some lower level dressage. She looks and moves more like a warmblood. She is 7 years old and I just love her. My husband has a palomino mare who is also beautiful, and they like western events. We have a "mixed" marriage but it works! My girl is being ridden more by my trainer latley to get some mileage on her, so that I can ride her more this summer. I am just an advanced beginner I guess you can say. Hope to hear from more folks.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yaaa that sure would put a damper on wanting to ride. Sounds like it would be great for you to sell them & get a great riding horse. I know they are out there now for great prices!!!

Quote:
16.95??? a bale? holy crap! happy to have a horse in the north!
I have been riding since I was a little girl, my mom has a horse barn where she teaches kids to ride.
I have a beautiful Paint/QH mare that is full of spunk, she was born at our barn and turned 10 this year. We like to jump, I would prefer hunter jumper style, but she prefers jumpers without the hunter
smile.png

nothing like the smell of the horse barn, I always joke about bottling it and selling the smell as a natural relaxant.

Yes be happy with your prices!!! I couldn't live in the cold! I am the BIGGEST sissy ever! Jumping is fun!!!!

I've had different horses over the years. I like to trail ride and ride on the beach.
Right now I have a pony that is 13.2 hands.

I rode all the time as a kid. I don't ride as much now, but still love it.

My pony is a black and white pinto, with a long mane and tail, so cute!

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh you just had to go and get me crying didn't ya.............
hit.gif

Well at least she had a few good years, with people who loved her no matter what, your a great person for that. I also had a rescue with bad knee's we went to look at a paint they had and seen my shadow, he was 17 I was told and going to the glue factory, because noone wanted him and those horid knee's, well least to say I didn't get the paint came home with Shadow instead, fiesty old man he was but after some initial training in ground manners and no jumping on your new owner, and you must have those awful feet trimmed training he was awsum..... I lost him 2 1/2 years later to colic I miss him terribly still, we had him put to rest on Novemeber 2 2009, my dad passed away 10 days later, I tell my hubby Shadow went first to carry dad home ..........
hit.gif
I miss them both. heres a pic, of Shadow
81831_shadows_new_saddle_2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Very nice! And that foal is gorgeous! I love a good conformation QH.
That story was really sad. Too bad it's becoming more and more common for people to abandon and neglect their horses.

Back
Top Bottom