She actually needs a new bridle or needs to punch some new holes (as you can see in the pic, its tightened as much as it can be.)
The bit is too wide as well. A bit the right width for her mouth, and a noseband, would help your sister have more control without having to be cruel.

IMG_5435.jpeg

Haven't seen any posts here in a while -- how is everyone and their horses? :)

Ginger and the ponies are doing fine... A lot of my students are starting to learn to canter, and so they've been "graduated" from Ginger for the time being so they can learn on other horses. But! I have been upping Ginger's workload and trying out cantering her, and she is doing wonderful! Staying sound and very happy to go fast. 😅

Because I haven't had to use her in lessons a ton lately, I've been able to enjoy my girl all to myself for the last week or so. Now that she is cantering and I have actually been able to work her regularly for more than a week, she's gaining some more muscle and getting in better shape. (She was already in pretty good shape, but jogging around with beginner students who can't truly exercise/bend her isn't a strict regiment lol)

These aren't the best comparison pictures, but the top one is from the beginning of 2021. Soon after I began working with Ginger. The second one is from tonight.

This December will mark three years now with Ginger. It's been quite the journey with this horse! She really has become my best friend, I love her so much. :love

Screenshot_20231129_210806_Gallery (1).jpg

20231129_184723.jpg

Haven't seen any posts here in a while -- how is everyone and their horses? :)

Ginger and the ponies are doing fine... A lot of my students are starting to learn to canter, and so they've been "graduated" from Ginger for the time being so they can learn on other horses. But! I have been upping Ginger's workload and trying out cantering her, and she is doing wonderful! Staying sound and very happy to go fast. 😅

Because I haven't had to use her in lessons a ton lately, I've been able to enjoy my girl all to myself for the last week or so. Now that she is cantering and I have actually been able to work her regularly for more than a week, she's gaining some more muscle and getting in better shape. (She was already in pretty good shape, but jogging around with beginner students who can't truly exercise/bend her isn't a strict regiment lol)

These aren't the best comparison pictures, but the top one is from the beginning of 2021. Soon after I began working with Ginger. The second one is from tonight.

This December will mark three years now with Ginger. It's been quite the journey with this horse! She really has become my best friend, I love her so much. :love

View attachment 3694399

View attachment 3694398
Thanks for bringing this back up! I had forgotten my own thread LOL :oops: she’s gorgeous!!!

If you live in Northern Alabama, there's this place I go to ride that offers lessons! It's called Pine Ridge and it also has places you can board your horse. You can take care of it, or they can! If you board during the summer, then, with your permission, the people that go to the summer camp (the equestrian part, there's also a normal camp part) will take care of it and ride it for you. It's super neat!

If you live in Northern Alabama, there's this place I go to ride that offers lessons! It's called Pine Ridge and it also has places you can board your horse. You can take care of it, or they can! If you board during the summer, then, with your permission, the people that go to the summer camp (the equestrian part, there's also a normal camp part) will take care of it and ride it for you. It's super neat!
That’s awesome!! Unfortunately I’m in Massachusetts so a bit far 🤣😭

Back
Top Bottom