Pics
Okay y'all seem to know alot about horse's what breed would you recommend for a beginner?
What folly's place said I wouldn't get a a horse for a few years instead I would spend a lot of time at a good trainer places stable and riding there horses and helping and then when you do get a horse have the person come with you when you go to look at them or if they have one you really like they would sell to you but I wouldn't actually buy a horse just yet
For a beginner, riding lessons, at least a year, and helping in a good barn. Experience!
Then, maybe a nice older 'been there, done that' horse, perhaps one you've met and enjoyed at the barn already.
Getting overfaced and overmounted is not good! And having enough money to spend on such a horse won't end well. If the trainer says 'only ride him when I'm there' it's too much horse for where you are.
Mary

What folly's place said I wouldn't get a a horse for a few years instead I would spend a lot of time at a good trainer places stable and riding there horses and helping and then when you do get a horse have the person come with you when you go to look at them or if they have one you really like they would sell to you but I wouldn't actually buy a horse just yet
This is great advice... There's a lot to learn about owning horses and rushing into it can be both dangerous and expensive. My girls have taken lessons since they were 5 yrs old with the same trainer. They are now 28 & 18. Our trainer has worked with countless girls over her career. If any of her riders are inexperienced and looking to buy a horse, she ALWAYS insists on them allowing her to assess any & all potential buys. If she doesn't give her approval and someone buys it anyway, she will not work with them. She isn't doing it to be a control freak but because she wants to ensure that the horse is the right level for the rider. She doesn't want to see a kid get hurt or other bad situation happen because someone didn't know what they were getting into... I made that mistake once... Bought a mare (half Arab-half thoroughbred) from another girl who was riding with the same trainer. The trainer was not happy. Not only was this horse batshit crazy but she kicked my daughter (10 yrs old) square in the chest. We are lucky it didn't kill her. We sold her a few weeks later. Our next SEVERAL horses were cleared by the trainer before we graduated to buying our own without the trainer approving it first.

Cisco & Hombre.
37567.jpeg
46234.jpeg
83280.jpeg
87737.jpeg
64274 (1).jpeg
46305.jpeg
20210603_095526.jpg
37894.jpeg
46236.jpeg
46225.jpeg
46231 (2).jpeg