Hot Chicks in the Hamptons!

Awww...they are so cute! You are doing a great job. I just adore Chicks!
smile.png

Hi Kelly.

i am in Westhampton. I picked them up at the Agway in Riverhead. Where are you?

Bryan

I'm up in Ridge, right on the border of wading river. My DH works in the hamptons.
I buy feed at agway....the ladies there are nice but don't know jack about chickens. Come here for you advice:D
Nice to see another LIer!!

Ok an update! My chicks have been outside day and night for a week. Here is some pictures of what I have right now. I also have some questions. The fence is a temp but it serves the purpose for now. The space they are in used to be my garden. I plan on putting up a 6 or 7 foot fence up next weeked. I am torn on whether to cover it. The coop is a dog house (4x4). I added the door and the vents. I might put another vent along the top. I am also planning on putting a window on the side and doors to open to the nesting boxes. They like to hang out under the coop, I guess it is cool and out of the sun. The chicks seem to be adjusting well. At night they are all secure and tight.

I welcome all comments.

Bryan

chickens4.jpg

chickens5.jpg

chickens6.jpg

chickens7.jpg

chickens8.jpg

chickens9.jpg

Such a cute setup! I love the barn! I'm wondering what the white thing is on the side of the barn.

Also, I have a coop about that size that I put up on 2 cinder blocks at each corner instead of 1 which gives my birds room to go under. They love it under there.

the white thing was supposed to be an outdoor nesting box. It did not work. I am in the process of getting more blocks.

Bryan

Back
Top Bottom