Houdini lost toe grateful for help

So it has been a couple of days how is your chick doing
and is the toe healing up alright
caf.gif

Hi Houdini is doing ok limping put this morning she is putting her foot down more and raced the others for breakfast. Thank you for all the support xxxx

Bless her she has laid an egg every day too she is a special little chick. I think if you love them they love and trust you too.

I so find that to be the true and that is probable the sole reason
I look like a statue in the morning as when I let them out in the
morning I have them jumping and landing on my shoulders and
head it really makes it difficult to feed them but that is all part
of the love we get back from them
smile.png

How cute and I thought it was just me that cuddled chickens, my husband laughs and tells friends about me being so soft with the chicks. I never thought they would all have their own personalities like they do, they are so funny and entertaining. I'm sure at times my friend's think that I am a little bit crazy but the fresh eggs are just so good they let me off ha ha...

Welcome toy BYC. Sorry I have no answer for your vet question except this: Chickens are really good at hiding illnesses, so if she is showing a little discomfort, she is probably in a lot of discomfort. However, since the vet has seen her once for this and knows what is going on, I have found in my own experience that the vet will sometimes do an over-the-phone oral exam and if necessary order the antibiotics for you that way so you don't have to pay for an office visit. Good luck, sounds like she is in good hands.

Back
Top Bottom