House Chicken Molting

clucker's r us :

one more thing we had the kitty on a supplement called jungle kitty...... do you think i could feed it to the chickens in small amounts??? here's some info i found off the site about it..... i'll see if i can find the ingrediences on the net, if not i'll type em off the can itself!! THANKS AGAIN!!

All-Natural Feline Life Extension Formula to help your cat live better, longer. The ability to digest protein declines with age leading to muscle-wasting which makes cats old before their time. The digestive enzymes plus new ultra-digestible protein maximizes utilization of L-Taurine and other key amino acids to support muscle status. Powerful antioxidants (including SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine)) helps promote renal health. Full range of probiotics to support bowel and urinary tract health. Omega 3 fatty acids help to prevent cancer and cataracts and maintain healthy joints, skin and coat.

My gut reaction tells me: no. and here's why: cats are weird
wink.png
by that i mean they have specific needs...you know how they must eat meat and don't usually drink a lot of water. but that's just my feelings on it. Also unlike an individual supplement (like the silver) which can be used by multiple folks/species; I feel that a blend made for a specific species could be an issue. Kind of like taking someone else's entire regimen of pills instead of just sharing aspirin
wink.png

Now lemme ask the missus: She also is not for it...in fact she seemed surprised that those are ingredients were in a kitty supplement. These are not necessarily bad, but just are (in some cases, such as the SAMe) very costly supplements that neither of us have ever seen for use in cats. Another thing she mentioned is how fast cats metabolisms are..granted so are chickies. Another thing we were discussing was that unlike cats and humans, avians might possess different types of gut bacteria, but basic probiotics should still feed them.....so give her plain organic yogurt! oh and feed her some eggs too.

Sorry it took so long to reply....how is she doing?​

Dora is coping I never did give her the supplement either.... She has most of the feathers coming back in, although she still looks like a baldy.... she's not as itchy as well, poor thing has been lethargic too, I'm thinking it's the weather change, hot to rainy and chilly.... her being small and loss of feathers makes since to me... I haven't noticed her with any unusual sounds, sneezing coughing ect. I did manage to sirynge in some baby food that was left over from our kitty, I did do the eggs, but she wasn't up to it, and keeping the other girls out of the way was a process... all in all I think once she has most of em back she'll be back to herself.... I still gotta go get the silver, one of my reds is molting now, not as bad as dora, but I'm sure Ruby would appriciate it as well! THANKS AGAIN!
frow.gif
from Dora!

Back
Top Bottom