House chickens?

I also have two cats and 3 dogs who come and go. They are so used to seeing a chicken in the house it doesn’t even phase them. Quite honestly my chicken acts more like a cat anyway. She wanders in and out throughout the day just like the cats.

If he's sitting around waiting for interaction, he's lonely. He could also be depressed because he lost all of his chicken friends. Is it possible you could get some pullets to keep him company? If not, the best thing for him is to go to a home with other chickens.

Does she use a litter box to poop in?
Chicken poop in the house is the unsanitary part.
I don’t believe for one second that a chicken just goes outside when it has to poop. If they want to have the risk, then that’s up to them! This house chicken thing is nonsense.

She goes outside! She sits in my lap during the day and has never once pooped on me. I take her out every couple of hours though.
Chickens can’t hold their poop for hours. They poop around every 10-15 minutes. She’s not a dog.
And you just said you leave the door open. Now you say you manually take her out every few hours.
???

Back
Top Bottom