I waited until my two were big enough for the adult diapers and by that point they did NOT want to wear them. I managed to find someone who was selling 4 packs of progressive sizes but by the time they got to me, they'd grown out of all but the biggest size and I figured I'd just wait for their adult ones at that point. That was a mistake, they should have been handled and at least tried diapering a lot more as babies because if I put the diapers on them now (8 weeks) they practically hang themselves trying to pry them off. I imagine they'd EVENTUALLY get used to it....if all three of us didnt suffer heart attacks first 🤷‍♀️

I forwent the diapers and bought a big king sized fluidproof sheet for the carpet and one for the couch. We have concrete floors in the kitchen/dining/bedroom/bathroom so they can just run around all they want and I follow with some paper towels, upstairs in the living room they have to be on the sheets. They were pricey but my god do they work, and they just go in the wash. If i had a clothesline a plastic tarp would have worked too for a fraction of the price.

I'd caution that duck poop/urine can be quite caustic, so if you do have any accidents on your wood floors, clean it up fast, otherwise it might eat the finish right off.

Here are some bows and bow ties I made for the dogs
20200810_121434.jpg

For the bowties I made them the same way as the bows but instead of folding ribbon I just cut out a square piece of fabric and sewed it up like the bows.

I waited until my two were big enough for the adult diapers and by that point they did NOT want to wear them. I managed to find someone who was selling 4 packs of progressive sizes but by the time they got to me, they'd grown out of all but the biggest size and I figured I'd just wait for their adult ones at that point. That was a mistake, they should have been handled and at least tried diapering a lot more as babies because if I put the diapers on them now (8 weeks) they practically hang themselves trying to pry them off. I imagine they'd EVENTUALLY get used to it....if all three of us didnt suffer heart attacks first 🤷‍♀️

I forwent the diapers and bought a big king sized fluidproof sheet for the carpet and one for the couch. We have concrete floors in the kitchen/dining/bedroom/bathroom so they can just run around all they want and I follow with some paper towels, upstairs in the living room they have to be on the sheets. They were pricey but my god do they work, and they just go in the wash. If i had a clothesline a plastic tarp would have worked too for a fraction of the price.

I'd caution that duck poop/urine can be quite caustic, so if you do have any accidents on your wood floors, clean it up fast, otherwise it might eat the finish right off.

Thanks so much for that advice. My ducklings are growing crazy fast so hopefully I can make something that is adjustable, but like I said I'm very craft challenged haha So far they spend time on puppy pads or I take them outside for a while.

I feel like my life would get real difficult chasing around my toddler and the three feathered toddlers all day with paper towels 😂😂

20200811_102526.jpg
This is how they watch TV with me 🥰

20200811_101944.jpg

Thanks so much for that advice. My ducklings are growing crazy fast so hopefully I can make something that is adjustable, but like I said I'm very craft challenged haha So far they spend time on puppy pads or I take them outside for a while.

I feel like my life would get real difficult chasing around my toddler and the three feathered toddlers all day with paper towels 😂😂

View attachment 2287163
This is how they watch TV with me 🥰

View attachment 2287164
at this age sock diapers would work well, since real diapers are too big. have you tried those?

Back
Top Bottom