House Walls Are Up

herfrds

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Montana
Told everyone about our building a log house.
well the builders got the walls up yesterday.

wallsup051.jpg

Almost all up, east side

wallsup062.jpg

South wall. The extra long logs will have roofing trusses on them to provide shade for that side.

wallsup074.jpg

Mud room entry and 3/4 bath room area

wallsup075.jpg

kitchen area

wallsup069.jpg

view out our bedroom window.

The builders are cutting out the window and door areas today and are going to frame the inside walls.
Roof trusses are suppose to be here on Monday and so are the windows.
Had a small argument with the window company. Guy told me that the roof trusses need to be on the walls and load bearing before the windows can be installed. Builder said that is not true.
So who do I listen to? A guy who sits in an office all day and sells windows? Or the guy that makes his living building log homes?
I'm listening to my builder.

It's total sqft is 4608.
Each level is 2304 sqft.

Got a storage room in the basement just for my canning supplies. Plumber talked me into a sink down there too.
Both kids rooms are in the basement.
Got the master bedroom and an office on the main level. Got a full and 3/4 bath on the main level too.
a full bath is down stairs too. Plumber told me it was so big we could put a couch in it.
gig.gif

More for a handicap use for in our later years.

Now the hard part. Picking a stain color. Haven't decided yet if we are going to stain the interior or just sand it and put on a clear coat.

Nice! How about a danish oil type interior finish - a clear coat that breathes and ages with the wood over time, and can be re applied if desired. Did the upstairs t&g pine walls that way - 20 yrs later, a warm, reddish honey color.

Here's some more pictures of the interior.

The stairs. Yes my birds were "visiting" until I chased them out
interior019.jpg

Master bedroom
interior021.jpg

Pantry and coat closet together
interior025.jpg

3/4 bathroom
interior026.jpg

Office next to the master bedroom
interior027.jpg

Wall between the living room and kitchen. Will put the entertainment center on it.
interior024.jpg

builders surprised us this morning with a gift. Turns out they give one to every homeowner that hires them.

interior020.jpg

now to decide if we are going to put in our bedroom, on the porch outside our bedroom or in the living room.

th.gif
th.gif
:
th.gif
I wouldn't have a CLUE what to do with that much space....
th.gif

I don't know if this is going to work, but here's a slideshow of the home hubby and I built... with no help...
You should be able to click on it and watch....
It's 16x24 and approximately 500sf.

Back
Top Bottom