Houston, we have an egg!

EE R' Us

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Just the other day I posted pics of the girls all grown up, but no one had started laying yet.

Well last night I noticed Olive was up still clucking around after the other two girls went to bed.

Look what I found this morning!
big_smile.png

IMG_1398-1.jpg

It's hard to tell in the pics .. but Olive ( I'm pretty sure ) laid a very light colored Olive egg. It's very small and oh so cute! Here it is against an X-large white store bought egg. It's a little easier to see the color here, but still the camera isn't getting it. The egg is a green'ish' olive color. Now I can't wait for the other two to start laying!

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1397-1.jpg

Here's the mama bird ( I think ) :

IMG_1371.jpg

wee.gif
Congratulations! We are about 2 weeks out on our first egg. Really getting excited! Wife and I are gonna do a "special breakfast" with the first one!

Congrats! Your little egg and your girls are beautiful! Don't worry about the size, it will get bigger very soon. I love my 2 EE's so much, that I ordered 3 more. They are in my brooder in my living room right now...I can't wait to see what color eggs they lay! I get 1 bluish and 1 greenish egg right now.

Thanks guys! My daughter's were so thrilled to hear that Olive laid an egg when the got home from school. They've been checking the coop everyday since the hens were supposed to start laying soon.

My middle daughter Samantha has dibs on the egg, Olive is her chicken. Sam's so thrilled with the egg color, she named her Olive because she wanted her to have green eggs. Now she's hoping Olive will lay another egg before morning so for breakfast she can have ...... Green eggs and Ham!
wink.png
( Yes we do have ham here ) Because after all she is Sam I am.
lol.png

As far as my DH .. since he's been 'denouncing' the chickens lately as the eggless variety. He received a text message from the Chickens this morning, with a picture of the egg attached. Basically they told him .. Nanny - Nanny Boo-Boo! What can I say, they aren't mature hens.
wink.png

Too cute!

My kids absolutely love Green Eggs and Ham. Of course, their ham has to be green too, so I usually put some butter in a small frying pan, a couple drops of green food color, then saute the ham in the butter...YUMMMMMMM. I put a couple drops of food color in the eggs too. It looks so appetizing on the plate.
sickbyc.gif

Aussieheelr .. she's 21 weeks old. Her sister's haven't started laying yet though.

TXMom .. very fun! Olive didn't lay another egg last night, so Sam decided to hold off on her breakfast until Olive lays another one.

Back
Top Bottom