Hovabator Genesis 1588 Question

Quote:
I get that, but at 3 amps it is drawing the same 25W as the heater !!!

The power supply is 3 amps@ 12 volts, for both the heater and the fan. So, if you say the heater is 25w, then the fan would only be 11w max. At approx. 1000w per HP, that would put the fan somewhere around 1/100 of an HP. Not much.
tongue.png

I just looked at my more than adequate fan .... it's 2W.

At 11W I would be expecting to drive a 7" fan ... more air, slower turning and quieter.

Quote:
The power supply is 3 amps@ 12 volts, for both the heater and the fan. So, if you say the heater is 25w, then the fan would only be 11w max. At approx. 1000w per HP, that would put the fan somewhere around 1/100 of an HP. Not much.
tongue.png

At 11W I would be expecting to drive a 7" fan ... more air, slower turning and quieter.

I really don't know where this got off track. I was only trying to clear up the fact that the fan was not 3 amps. Twigg, I've read alot of your posts and you appear to be a pretty intelligent person. Are you assuming that I am not? We all have areas of knowledge that we excell at. Ours seem to be different.

Quote:

I really don't know where this got off track. I was only trying to clear up the fact that the fan was not 3 amps. Twigg, I've read alot of your posts and you appear to be a pretty intelligent person. Are you assuming that I am not? We all have areas of knowledge that we excell at. Ours seem to be different.

Why would you think I am doing any other than trying to find out why the fan draws so much power?

I profess no expertise in fans, I just observe that 11W is a lot. I was simply wondering what was being gained.

Well azelgin and twigg, you two are both far and above schmarter than i will ever be on these complicated electronics. i truly appreciate the time and trouble you both took to try to help with my dilemna.

Azelgin, the power light was not coming on at all, so for whatever reason, no power is getting to the unit, or the unit is bad.

Only thing i can think to do is wait for the replacement cord from GQF and hope it is magical and solves the problem.

And again, i will never again pack my incubators away without the cords nestled comfortably inside.
roll.png

Just to follow up, i got the replacement cord from GQF today, plugged it in, and the genesis started up just fine. Apparently, the transformer i found does not go with the bator. i know sometime down the line, maybe in a few years, when i unpack that strange box of miscellaneous weirdness from our move, i will find the original cord nestled between some old dolls, a titanium pyramid hat, and a 6' blow-up Gumby.

Back
Top Bottom