Hovabator Genesis Hatch, Feb-May! WITH CONTESTS!

Happy to hear your good news Mrs. Mucket !! Sunday is day #10 for me and I'm candling again then....sure hope I see some veins or the little dark spot I see in candled egg pictures!
smile.png

I've had a very rough night. The power went off for around 20 minutes before I could get my HB plugged into the geneator. Will they be okay? It was down to 89..then went back up to 100-101

Then when the power came back on I plugged the incubator back in, in my room and then I layed down to get some sleep and it went off again. That happened around 3:00 this morning and they've been plugged into the geneator for about 4 hours. The power only recently came back one.

Today is day 2 for 21 eggs and only day 1 1/2 for the other 35 that I set yesterday.

So candling wouldn't do any good.
hmm.png

Are my eggies okay? Your thoughts would greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I've had a very rough night. The power went off for around 20 minutes before I could get my HB plugged into the geneator. Will they be okay? It was down to 89..then went back up to 100-101

Then when the power came back on I plugged the incubator back in, in my room and then I layed down to get some sleep and it went off again. That happened around 3:00 this morning and they've been plugged into the geneator for about 4 hours. The power only recently came back one.

Today is day 2 for 21 eggs and only day 1 1/2 for the other 35 that I set yesterday.

hmm.png

I think you will be just fine.
hugs.gif
Eggs are pretty tough ~ especially in those first few days.​

I was supposed to lock down late last night around 10 pm, but decided to put it off until this morning. I went to look at them around 7:30 and I have pip in one of my frizzled bantam Cochins! I quickly moved all of the EEs over to the LG forced air incubator and left the bantam Cochins and Ameraucanas in the Genesis after removing the turner. I want to keep the Ameraucanas & EE separate as they probably will look pretty much the same. The EEs are Cuckoo Marans/Ameraucana x Ameraucana.

So instead of waiting for Monday for my first pip, I am on baby watch today ~ and I don't even have my brooders set up yet!
barnie.gif

Last edited:
So far it looks to be a great hatch. I've pulled 35 out so far. They were SOO crowded and squishing eachother! I had heat and humidity to spare so I took a chance and removed 25 last night in a steamy bathroom. Looks to have worked out OK since there are 10 more hatched and pips in nearly all the rest. That got the humidity down to 75% and it has been there since. I think I can safely give my 1588 a thumbs up for a good first hatch!

I locked down 7 out of 12 CrystalCreek eggs and have 3 lavs and one black/lav split hatched so far! I still have hopes for 2 of the 3 remaining, since one was pretty iffy at lock down. Still, I'm ecstatic! Also I have 5 of 5 of my IA Blues! Little tiny birdies out of the pullet eggs, but they are bebopping everwhere!

Quote:
That's awesome! I know what you mean though, I thought I had an another day too! I was up most of the night adjusting the brooder, watching chicks and generally freaking out (as my DH put it)
lol.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

hmm.png

Sorry about your stress! I'm not an expert, but I think they'll be OK
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom