How about a Thread for Embdens?

Hmmmm. I see I quoted something to reply to and they ended up separate, go figure. I'm posting from my phone and the smaller format is sometimes confusing! Sorry about that!

Hes back and happy
big_smile.png

he gets his antibotics every morning and evening so he will be fit to make babies in spring
thumbsup.gif

I have 4 ducks and just one goose. They get along famously and the goose seems happy. I am not sure if the goose thinks she's a duck, if she thinks the ducks are just funny looking geese or if all of them just think they are weird looking cats. I say cats because they will actively seek out my one outdoor cat, sit in the sun with her and preen! They won't sit in the sun unless it's with the cat. Otherwise, it's shade all the way. They don't give a fig about the dogs unless they get too near food or treats or the almighty pool... then they will run the dogs off!
lol.png
I have a drake who we raised in the house because his mama didn't want him when he hatched, He was with our dogs for his first 3 months of his life inside, He got to be with the ducks outside when we were with him, but I swear he thought he was a dog.

lol.png
I have a drake who we raised in the house because his mama didn't want him when he hatched, He was with our dogs for his first 3 months of his life inside, He got to be with the ducks outside when we were with him, but I swear he thought he was a dog.
Quite probable, since geese and ducks imprint. That´s probably why Sam is quite content with the ducks for company. Could be different with a goose who knows its a goose...My geese run the ducks off the food, out of the pond, away from that particular piece of grass, just because that´s what to do!
tongue2.gif

Quite probable, since geese and ducks imprint. That´s probably why Sam is quite content with the ducks for company. Could be different with a goose who knows its a goose...My geese run the ducks off the food, out of the pond, away from that particular piece of grass, just because that´s what to do!
tongue2.gif
It's funny because Sam was hatched by a Muscovy, so for his first 6 yrs he was only with them, then I go get Missy and even though he had some goose traits he really didn't know how to act like one till Missy came along. He even was eating earth worms with them one time I was digging them with the shovel, he ate about 3-4 and all of a sudden shook his head like what am I doing, as far as I know he has never ate one since he came to himself. He won't eat dried meal worms either, Missy loves them. And they do run the ducks and chickens away from food/ pool/ and anything else they think is theirs, which is just about everything. Except my dominant Muscovy drake they are both scared of him. They are pretty stingy aren't they? lol

Last edited:
My goslings are learning fast how to be the bullies of the bog!! Littleone-month-old goslings chasing off the muscovies, who don´t take much notice, but then come along the heavies, and the little ones are all smug in their new-found power! Little horrors! "Get outta the pond!" "Gerroff the grass" "Gerroutof the dish!" Poor ducks!

My goslings are learning fast how to be the bullies of the bog!! Littleone-month-old goslings chasing off the muscovies, who don´t take much notice, but then come along the heavies, and the little ones are all smug in their new-found power! Little horrors! "Get outta the pond!" "Gerroff the grass" "Gerroutof the dish!" Poor ducks!
lol.png
lil stinkers all of them. Throwing their weight around at only 1 month.

So funny, the ducks wait until the goose party moves along down-stream and then they dive in the pond and do the mad splashy thing. It´s like kids making the most of the teacher being out of the classroom.
lol.png

My tinies have 3 more weeks in the pen with mom, then there´ll be 4 more to antagonise the ducks!

So funny, the ducks wait until the goose party moves along down-stream and then they dive in the pond and do the mad splashy thing. It´s like kids making the most of the teacher being out of the classroom.
lol.png

My tinies have 3 more weeks in the pen with mom, then there´ll be 4 more to antagonise the ducks!
Those poor ducks ,Mine would probably run away from home if I had more than the 2. How are the babies doing I bet they have grown.

Back
Top Bottom