How bad is the H1N1?

Quote:
As silkiechicken already explained, vaccines work by exposing you to a low dose of the virus (either live or dead). This triggers your body to produce its own natural antibodies to it without enough exposure to the virus to make you as ill as you would be with full exposure to the live virus.

One of my friends is a chiropractor, and we had a conversation this summer about this very topic. We weren't able to get very in depth, and I need to research much more, but I remember something she said about the immune system. There are 2 kinds of immune responses (that we know of) based on the body's T-helper cells, the ones that fight infection. One kind is the result of natural immunity, or that which we acquire by contracting an illness and healing. Another kind is that provided by vaccines, which usually doesn't prove lasting (thus the need for boosters.)
The thing my friend told me that really intrigued me was the way the human body reacts to these different types of immune response. The response created by a vaccine puts the body into a state of "hyper-alert" whereas the natural immune response does not. The hyper-alert state wears down the body and it's natural defenses. Following the recommended schedule, a child receives somewhere around 36 doses of vaccines by age 5, I believe. It makes sense, then, that so many people have poor immune systems despite all the vaccines readily given.

I am so glad to see someone else on here say something about Chiros. They are so knowledgable about the immune system and alternative approaches to disease and flu's and the like. I worked for a team for a year and a half and the things I learned outside of antibiotic overkill and immunizations would fill a book. And, my husband researches a lot of stuff on the internet and found out that D-3 is a very important factor in our ability to fight off flu and colds, so everyone needs to find out more out that on their own and see if it would work for them. I take it and so does our 9 year old. We have 10 confimed cases of Swine flu in our local very small HS, so want to try to keep it away from him at all costs. For the non-believers of Chiro care, its not "bone cracking" anymore like everyone use to call them. They still adjust, but they have such high tech equipement now it is amazing what they will do with chronic pain, asthma, bone spurs . . the list is endless.

My 5-year-old son just got over it. It was pretty mild, and diagnosed over the phone by the dr. office. Most cases in our area are less severe than the regular seasonal flu, so our pediatricians are not recommending the vaccine. I was told to control symptoms with cold medicine and Tylenol, and not to bring him in unless I couldn't keep the fever down or he started having any breathing problems. He seemed to be well after 5 days, then woke up the next morning with a cough so strong it made him vomit, so I took him to see his Dr. The Dr. said that is how it seems to be going--most symptoms get better, then the cough gets worse, and then it's over. My son is completely well now, and it really wasn't bad at all--I've had colds far worse. If we get through the flu season with only this, I'll feel lucky!

Quote:
Oh My that is very interesting. especially the line about the germs staying at the back of the throat. who would have known.
I use listerine regularly but do not gargle with it,( whaaa it burns, yep woosy woman here ).
but now I will definately be changing my practice with the mouth wash
Thank You for posting that.

Last edited:
My 4 yr old has it right now and the main thing is his breathing. He has a terrible cough also. The doctor gave him some special cough meds and they gave him an inhaler which really helps. Otherwise not so bad. It gets bad at night though. I sleep with him to watch his breathing.

I am on my 9th day with N1H1.I have also gotten bronchitis as a secondary infection. I fought cancer 2 times and chemo was easy compared to this week with the flu at least I know my hair is not going to fall out
I know this to will pass just not fast enough
Piecemaker
Aka Theresa

My Brother just had it. He is a big strong guy but he handles money all day and money is filthy.
He had fever, chills, headache, body aches, diarrhea, vomiting and was really sick for about 4 days.
I am not getting the vaccine.

A few people have died form it around here but they already had compromised immune systems and had major health issues.

ive had it for the past week, just started getting over it and all that is left is an annoying cough, its not a bad as people think, more of a annoying flu that made me miss one of my best friends birthday party and a week of school.

Quote:
Just to clear things up here a bit:

In 1977 more people died from the vaccine than the flu because the swine flu pandemic never happened - it did not spread like they expected - millions now have the current swine flu - it's not a perceived threat . 25 people died out of the 40 million people that got the vaccine and many of those were not proven to be connected to the the vaccine.

The elderly are getting shingles because they had the chicken pox when they were young - there was no vaccine then.

"Guillian Barre, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, paralysis and brain lesions are all associated with flu vaccines"
-not sure where that comes from. Guillian Barre is caused by many viral infections and especially Campylobactor infections. Fibromyalgia, brain lesions(?) and chronic fatigue syndrome have never been linked to flu vaccines.

Vaccines are not huge business for the parmaceutical companies.
Most pharms would gladly give them up because they make very little money on them. That's why they get government help because if they didn't they'd have no one making the vaccine.

I'm all for organic foods and definitely for reducing our dependence on over-medication in our society but we do have to look at the facts that we have and make the best informed decisions we can.

I was offered the H1N1 FluMist vaccine last night. I declined, I'm waiting for the shot
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom