How bad is the H1N1?

Well are city now has it! lol My lil sis is sick and so is bro and other sis. I have had a head thing going on and cant get rid of it! No temps so i dont know if it is H1N1.

Chicken Girl

Quote:
While I agree with you that antibiotics are very over-prescribed and it has created resistant bacteria, I think that I do need to point out that pneumonia can be either viral or bacterial. Antibiotics only work on bacterial infections. I think that the majority of the pneumonia cases associated with H1N1 are viral, rendering antibiotics useless in treating it. Take antibacterial soaps/alchohol based hand sanitizers. Alchohol actually encourages cold viruses to grow, it doesn't kill it. Where as good old soap and water while vigorously rubbing your hands will do the trick for both.

Quote:
As silkiechicken already explained, vaccines work by exposing you to a low dose of the virus (either live or dead). This triggers your body to produce its own natural antibodies to it without enough exposure to the virus to make you as ill as you would be with full exposure to the live virus.

You also mentioned chronic fatigue as being associated with vaccines, ironically the new research finds that there is a virus associated with it. This was on a recent science Friday, I'll hunt around for a link. Of course it's still in the beginning phases of this course of research, but it's still a pretty interesting finding.

Last edited:
Quote:
While I agree with you that antibiotics are very over-prescribed and it has created resistant bacteria, I think that I do need to point out that pneumonia can be either viral or bacterial. Antibiotics only work on bacterial infections. I think that the majority of the pneumonia cases associated with H1N1 are viral, rendering antibiotics useless in treating it. Take antibacterial soaps/alchohol based hand sanitizers. Alchohol actually encourages cold viruses to grow, it doesn't kill it. Where as good old soap and water while vigorously rubbing your hands will do the trick for both.

Quote:
As silkiechicken already explained, vaccines work by exposing you to a low dose of the virus (either live or dead). This triggers your body to produce its own natural antibodies to it without enough exposure to the virus to make you as ill as you would be with full exposure to the live virus.

You also mentioned chronic fatigue as being associated with vaccines, ironically the new research finds that there is a virus associated with it. This was on a recent science Friday, I'll hunt around for a link. Of course it's still in the beginning phases of this course of research, but it's still a pretty interesting finding.

I'd be interested in that chronic fatigue info if you can find it..i swear i have that...
th.gif

Quote:
Here's the link: http://www.sciencefriday.com/program/archives/200910163

They have the podcast as well.

I hope they are able to figure it out. Even though a cure would be a long time coming, just having a cause nailed down would be an improvement. It's been treated for so long as an imaginary disease (the old "it's all in your head" line), it would vindicate many people and have a much clearer ability to diagnose it.

Well our school encourages us to take our DD to the health department for her H1N1 vaccine and she got her shot. She did well so far and I am hoping it will not affect her badly like some kids and immune shot adults and elderly folks. We could not take any because of the gov't funding and it is only for kids of school age that get it for free.

I could not believe how many kids showed up for the vaccine....looks like the entire city came out for it.

Quote:
Here's the link: http://www.sciencefriday.com/program/archives/200910163

They have the podcast as well.

I hope they are able to figure it out. Even though a cure would be a long time coming, just having a cause nailed down would be an improvement. It's been treated for so long as an imaginary disease (the old "it's all in your head" line), it would vindicate many people and have a much clearer ability to diagnose it.

Thank you for the link..
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom