how big do standard brooze get

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by jimmythechicken, May 16, 2011.

1. jimmythechicken

jimmythechicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    how big do the standard brooze toms get.a guy that i meet today had one that he said was 33lbs it was huge.

2. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Whats a standard brooze? [​IMG] Just kidding, that's about avg for a tom.

3. jimmythechicken

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    thanks he just looked huge sence they were breeding him to a royal palm hen she was little.lol

4. ColbyNTX

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    Why were they doing that? Did they want a smaller turkey with little breast meat? I'm a dark meat man myself but my wife wants only breast. My 3 kids also want only dark! Hey, maybe this is a cross for us! [​IMG]

5. jimmythechicken

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    Quote:he said he brought the brooze pair but the hen died so he put his palm in there.the off spring looked like narragansetts with just a little more white in the feathers.

6. ColbyNTX

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    I did have a bronze mate with a RP this year by accident so the last 2 hatches have been the mix and the poults are yellow with some beige on the winge feathers. I don't know what the heck i'm gonna do with them. I should have knocked them on the head when they hatched! [​IMG]

7. jimmythechicken

Jun 8, 2010
    mansfield
    Quote:i am sure someone will eat them lol we are lucky here in ct there is not to many breeders. so day old turkeys go for 10$ even mix breeds they get 5-8$

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by