How big should a Male Quail's 'Balls' be?

Oob Child

Crowing
May 13, 2023
⚠️This thread is about Birds and Birds only.⚠️

How big should a Coturnix male's balls be? I have a male called sugar and his are huge. You can see them when he walks and they touch the ground when he goes down the ramps.
He mates around every 2 minutes.

Is this ok, how big should they be normally?
If pictures are needed I'll take some.

How big should a Coturnix male's balls be? I have a male called sugar and his are huge. You can see them when he walks and they touch the ground when he goes down the ramps.

can you post pictures of the "balls" because you can not see them the "balls" in quail are internal near the kidneys you would only be able to see them when you process and are gutting the bird if you are talking about the area at the base of the tail that releases foam when pressed that can get quite large depending on how much that male is breeding with the hens the more breeding he does the bigger its going to get or the less he does the smaller its gonna get.

can you post pictures of the "balls" because you can not see them the "balls" in quail are internal near the kidneys you would only be able to see them when you process and are gutting the bird if you are talking about the area at the base of the tail that releases foam when pressed that can get quite large depending on how much that male is breeding with the hens the more breeding he does the bigger its going to get or the less he does the smaller its gonna get.
I've only ever seen them when I butcher. They have been as small as a pea to as large as an egg (the largest I've EVER seen). You may see a large bulge at the bottom of the vent, but that's not the testes. The bulge can get pretty big when it's mating season.
Ok, that makes sense. I was talking about the bulge near the vent.
When is quail mating season?

:eek: wait...what?

Pictures are definitely needed 🤣

Back
Top Bottom