How did you come up with BYC vavatar name?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by feather and mountain man, Feb 7, 2011.

1. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    We used our nicknames. We use many nicknames here

Me- feather, smiles

DH- Mountain Man , grizzly bear, Ima Trecken

Kids - the natives, the warriors, the scouts

Oldest boy- carrotcake, Ien Stien (he is really smart)

Secound son- black foot (doesn't like to wear shoes) , boo

Daughter- angle baby, chick momma

Youngest boy- motor, bubby

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Just made it up.

3. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    Basically took my nickname and got creative. My nickname is DiDi, so that is "d" squared. I used to use it for an email account and someone already had dsquared so I had to shorten it from there. Wound up with dsqard.

4. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

My sister called me Eenie before she learned to say my real name. 'Course, than JB had the nerve to sing a song about "Eenie meanie miney mo"... [​IMG]

5. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    Kristy Hall is similar to my real name but not my real name

6. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Well, my name is Emily, but most everyone calls me "The fish lady". "Hey, the fish lady is coming today at 2:00."

7. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    Well I am in WI, I lived in Australia, and chickens there are sometimes called chooks, and I am a chick.. aka a girl/woman. LOL [​IMG]

My nickname for DH and his for me are sorta of the same name. "Sweeter".. probably from Sweeter than you?!
    Growing up my cousins called me "Captain Cave Carol" from the Flintstones - Captain Cave man, the super hero!!
    And my brother called me "Squirt" cuz I was short!! and skinny.. not so much now.. [​IMG]

And DH's friend's call him Capt. Mike. There were a lot of Mikes and Marks in their group. So there was Capt Mike, Dark Mike, Dr. Mike, Mongo, Frank (first name was Mark),
    and one that got the MOST nicknames EVER...
    Capt. Jacket(he would wear multiple jackets), Greasy Smurf, Keeper of the Blue Staff, God Emperor of the Federation.- Yes he had all of those nicknames, usually said, one right after the other.
    The last part of that is in reference to Frank Herbert's Dune, he wanted to run a role playing game based off of that, but in the Star Trek t.v. or movie setting...
    Nice guy, but he had issues. LOL

Carol

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  8. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I'm a canoeing enthusiast, especially whitewater, backcountry excursions and endurance racing.
    I had just built a chicken tractor when I joined here so for some reason chicken canoe came to mind.

9. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    My e-mail- We began with boer goats, and its always been heathersboers [​IMG]

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

I was just birdaholic, & a couple of goofballs pushed me into Knighthood. [​IMG] Now they're calling me Kingbird. [​IMG]

It was the "Auction Man" & the "Wizard." [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by