How Did You Discover BYC?

i have been around chickens as long as i remember.
my uncle said that when i was little if they didnt know where i was they would look in the chicken pen. i just moved from dallas tx to peeltown. pop 123. big change. i found this site by using google and typing in chicken forum. it is number1 in google. i have had a lot of questions answered here. this IS the best chicken forum going. i have tried others but i get more responces here. by the way i have 69 chickens and chicks and 2 geese im retired and i play chicken with my chickens all day .they are really tame .i have some you can hold and pet. well thats about all happy chicken farming

Still kind of wondering if anybody got here by way of a bumper sticker. Have any newbies seen one of our stickers around town?
idunno.gif

Quote:
I guess we need to sell more bumper stickers!
wink.png

It is fun to hear the stories from people that have them on their vehicles. I was talking to eggchel (one of our moderators) and she has them on both sides of her vehicle at eye level. She was at the drive in and the woman asked about it.

hi everyone,

well i won't go to far back. but we (well my husband did) built a play yard for our son. i was expecting a little girl and our son would just wonder off around our 13 acres and he is stubborn, hard headed and has a mind of his own. Well he thinks he does anyways! He is not afraid of anything too much and is alot like his dad. Anyway, he would not stay in this play area and we spent $260 building it and $130 on outside things to put in it to play with (this thing is something like 18ftx25ft). Still would not play in it no longer than 30 minutes if that long sometimes. So he got a little older so he listens better most of the time, lol. We had been talking about chickens and said we would wait till the kids got a little older. So we found a guy that had some for sale that were 5 months old that could be put out in the play area to walk around, etc. And then my husband built a chicken coop in the play area! So we have chickens and a rooster.
They seem to really like there new home and play area! And I found this site in a book about chickens and also online someone was talking about it. We checked it out for awhile before building and buying the chickens and coop.
So there you go that is our story, I made it kind of long, sorry:)

Last edited:
Quote:
well thank you ozark hen, everyone here is so nice:),

(i am planning on getting some magnets for my van and hubby's truck. i want a shirt and mug too)

then maybe more people will get on here from central la . because they saw the magnets on the vehicles, lol.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom