how do i convince my parennts to get me a chicken

Most towns do allow chickens! Cheer up!

Not mine though, and i still have chickens.

Last edited:
Here is what I did:
When I first asked my parents to allow me to get chickens their first reaction was NO! I asked my dad to look into it and gave him lots of interesting facts about chicken keeping...I coaxed him with eggs that I would be free to him (since I promised to pay for everything....and I have been.) Finnaly he gave in....now he is just as happy we got chickens as I am. My mom listened to my dad and also gave in. Though first I had to PROVE that I could take care of chickens in a way that would keep them as happy as possible. So I wrote a report on chickens, listing the breeds, expenses and supplies that I would need to take care of chickens in a proper manner. I also made step by step directions on the daily, weekly, and monthly care that I would provide for my chickens. Well I can say he was impressed because right now I have four very happy hens in my backyard that will hopefully stay there.
Good luck!
-Roxy

Yes sir, in Redding PA it is legal! I used to have relatives who lived there until they relocated to Wyomissing. Welcome to the chicken world
smile.png
I think the limit was 5 chickens per half acre which really isn't to bad.

Back
Top Bottom