wyandotte102

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2019
Florida
Hey guys! My name is Stella, and I recently moved to country to start a little farm. I have two ducks, a drake and a hen named Honey and Butter. I recently bought two more ducklings (Happy Feet and Biscuit). I believe that one is a girl and the other a boy. I've had the ducklings for almost two months now. Honey is very aggressive to them; he attacks them any chance he gets and I literally have to pry him off of my babies. I tried putting the ducklings in the Honey's coop so he would get used to them, but I think it made it worse. He is more territorial then ever. He seems to target Happy Feet (whom I think is a girl). Happy has bald spots on her side from Honey's claws. He chases her down and then appears to mount her. For now, I have been keeping them separate. I'm not sure what to do! Any suggestions???

Last edited:
Happy feet being crested is going to have to be watched closely once breeding season starts. Especially if there is a large crest. Only thing covering the brain is a layer of fatty tissue no skull.

Can you post? we'd pics we'd love to see them.

Honey is the brown one. He is really sweet to me but not the the ducklings. Very protective of Butter. Happy Feet is the black-and-white photograph. I am an unprofessional photographer so some of these photos are kind of artistic. :)

Attachments

• Ducks.jpg
    Ducks.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Honey 1.jpg
    Honey 1.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 15
  • Honey 2.jpg
    Honey 2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Happy Feet.JPG
    Happy Feet.JPG