wyandotte102

In the Brooder
Apr 8, 2019
Florida
Hey guys! My name is Stella, and I recently moved to country to start a little farm. I have two ducks, a drake and a hen named Honey and Butter. I recently bought two more ducklings (Happy Feet and Biscuit). I believe that one is a girl and the other a boy. I've had the ducklings for almost two months now. Honey is very aggressive to them; he attacks them any chance he gets and I literally have to pry him off of my babies. I tried putting the ducklings in the Honey's coop so he would get used to them, but I think it made it worse. He is more territorial then ever. He seems to target Happy Feet (whom I think is a girl). Happy has bald spots on her side from Honey's claws. He chases her down and then appears to mount her. For now, I have been keeping them separate. I'm not sure what to do! Any suggestions???

Last edited:
Here are some more pictures...

Attachments

• Biscuit 2.JPG
    Biscuit 2.JPG
    312 KB · Views: 11
  • Duck.JPG
    Duck.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • Happy Feet 2.JPG
    Happy Feet 2.JPG
    497.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Happy Feet + Biscuit 2.JPG
    Happy Feet + Biscuit 2.JPG
    878.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Happy Feet + Biscuit.JPG
    Happy Feet + Biscuit.JPG
    378 KB · Views: 10
  • Honey 5.JPG
    Honey 5.JPG
    617 KB · Views: 11
Happy feet being crested is going to have to be watched closely once breeding season starts. Especially if there is a large crest. Only thing covering the brain is a layer of fatty tissue no skull.

Can you post? we'd pics we'd love to see them.

Back
Top Bottom