How do I keep ducklings out of the layers feed?

FlockyFeathers

In the Brooder
Apr 17, 2017
I have 4 5 week old pekins and 2 newly acquired year old khaki campbells. How do I keep them from eating each other's food?? One of the khakis is laying but they always seem to want to eat the chick starter/grower and vice versa. I've tried separating in different pens but then the khakis don't want to eat because they want to eat with the rest of the flock:rolleyes: does anyone have any advice on what I can do? Is it really bad if they're not eating the food they should be on??

Put them all on Grower feed...
smile.png
...Have a separate bowl of Oyster Shell out for the Hen....

Cheers!
Best way to keep littles from eating layer.

I will be having chicks in about a month and all my flock eats together so mine will all be on Broiler/Starter with oyster shell on the side for the layers.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the tips! Will the chicks try and eat oyster shell and is it bad for them if they do?

Thank you so much for the tips! Will the chicks try and eat oyster shell and is it bad for them if they do?
They may try it but won't eat it as long as feed is out for them. even my drake and gander will go over and take a nibble but it is usually only one time. [they just don't want to think they maybe missing out on a special treat.]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom