How do I know when it’s time to put down my little boy?

im sorry you have to go threw this when i started chicken keeping my dog went into my garage i forgot to close the door were my brooder was and when i went to feed them they were scatterd across the floor most were dead and open some were injured badly and we had to put those down i dont have any imformation that could help you but i can tell that you realy care about them and your gonna do whats best im sorry i do not have anything that could help
ps my dog is trained now to leave my chickens alone its suprising how little she cares about them now
I’m sorry you had to go through that, tha must not have been very nice at all

Yeah he is very cute I also love blue chickens, in my chick bacht this year out of one copper marans(the broody mom), one olive egger(I used 3 of her eggs) and one English araucana(the daddy rooster), I got 3 blue chickens so I was very lucky, if the little guy would also have some copper on his neck if he was bigger😊
the picture of his brother is how he would have looked😊
His brother looks very cool with those colors and hair

im sorry you have to go threw this when i started chicken keeping my dog went into my garage i forgot to close the door were my brooder was and when i went to feed them they were scatterd across the floor most were dead and open some were injured badly and we had to put those down i dont have any imformation that could help you but i can tell that you realy care about them and your gonna do whats best im sorry i do not have anything that could help
ps my dog is trained now to leave my chickens alone its suprising how little she cares about them now
All my roosters had to be put down because my area doesn't allow them
They had great lives most chickens don't get to have

Well kinda, he would much rather have pellets but he will eat them if there are no other food near, he is kinda strange and I have never met a chicken who would put normal food over eggs😊
You can mix the pellets with some water and form it into little bullets that you can pop in his break, they need to be firm, like if you made it out of play dough

Do you feed crumbles or pellets? Crumbles from a deep sided bowl are easier for a scissors beak chicken to eat. Wet feed is also good, mixed fresh, so maybe he will change his mind about that.
They are eating pellets, because that’s the only grower feed you can get in the nearest stores around me, I sometimes do ground their feed into crumble but he isn’t interested in that. I will try and put a bowl of fresh mixed pellets/crumble in tomorrow to see if that can spark an interest in him😊 thank you for the suggestion

did you put them down when they started making noise or when you found out im sure you thought of seeing if someone else could take them I know its hard to find good homes for roosters and i dont know how big your area is if its to far or not if you didint know that is always a option but im sorry for what you went through It might sound like I dont care but I do
When they started making noise

Back
Top Bottom