How do I know which chicken layed which egg ?

Hi
I don't really know what breed they are but think they may be isa browns or Rhode Island reds .
I have 3 birds and there eggs are big and light brown.
I would post a pic of the eggs but I used them this morning to make breakfast .
Next time..
CAMERA-SMILEY-BYC-BG.gif
FIRST.

egg fry.gif
SECOND

hug behind.gif

Each hen lays a unique egg. But it changes. Short answer is to sit in the hen house and monitor it everyday. How bad do you want to know? I'm happy if 50% pay rent. They've been doing well with 13 eggs from 17 hens on average.

I gave mine a pen and told them to autograph their eggs. They looked at me like I was nuts. And then didn't do it. Good luck with yours!

Each hen lays a unique egg. But it changes. Short answer is to sit in the hen house and monitor it everyday. How bad do you want to know? I'm happy if 50% pay rent. They've been doing well with 13 eggs from 17 hens on average.

I gave mine a pen and told them to autograph their eggs. They looked at me like I was nuts. And then didn't do it. Good luck with yours!
Hi
Thanks will do what you say as only 2 of my 3 birds are laying so was curious to know who wasn't laying.

I generally need to see an egg laid, than I can identify that particular hens eggs after that.
I had 4 Light Brahma hens and I could tell all their eggs apart most of the time. Sophie laid large brown eggs, Grace laid large brown speckled eggs, Rita laid medium pinkish eggs, and Scoochy laid medium pink-brown eggs.

Back
Top Bottom