How do i make my Hen go broody?

It’s a suggestion, if you try to force their hand by setting things up a certain way. Either way, no matter what you do, you can’t force them to suddenly become broody. Every individual is different as since it’s a complex hormonal situation, they either will or won’t go broody. There are exceptions to every rule within every breed of course, but generally high production breeds don’t go broody.

My duck became a half interested broody when she went on house arrest with a foot injury. She was kept within their house and decided the nest box was where she was going to hang out. About a week later she was starting to make a nest and collected some eggs to sit on. She wasn’t terribly devoted to it, seemed to forget when something caught her interest, but if I put her back on the nest she would sit again. Then the eggs started to hatch. And she drowned every single one. 🤦‍♀️ I doubt she would have sat on that nest at all if she had been free to go.

searhc it up on google and i 2 of my new hmapsire red have gone broody and they were my favirote moms so unless you dont have a new hampsire red chicken i would not make any asumption because i know my grammers is horrible and my spelling is bad but i dont care
I never said anything about your grammar or spelling.

NHR's are not a breed that is prone to go broody. I know that for a fact. Does that mean that they can't? Absolutely not. I've seen broody Leghorns. Is it likely though? No.

Bottom line is that you cannot make a hen broody. She decides that on her own.

oh the grammer things was for so people dont comment on it and NHR do go broody you can search it up on google and if 2 of my new hampsire red go broody they all can and google says it so
People won’t comment on it if you use at least passable spelling/grammar. :)

Do you have links to the evidence you are suggesting can be found on google? People will take you much more seriously if you can provide the reasoning for your stance on a subject. I would certainly hesitate to make a broad statement that something is true just because google says it is so. There is still a plethora of false information out there to be found, about topics that have been proven to be entirely unfounded.

To prove your case, provide your evidence.

Back
Top Bottom