How do I spoil thee? Let me count the ways!

CedarCrestFarm

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 30, 2014
Kirtland Hills, Ohio
Last night after spending $75.00 at the grocery store buying for my flock (Kale, Fruit, Alfalfa Sprouts, Herbs, "Super Salad" Quinoa and Oatmeal) I thought it might be fun to start a thread! How do you spoil your chickens? What great foods do you offer in winter when foraging is out of the question?

I give them a TON of veggies (BFF runs a high end restaurant and she brings me all their trimmings so I have a never ending supply that's ever changing). I usually give them organic scratch mixed with dried mealworms before bed. I also sprout various seed mixtures for them, as well as BOSS (they go nuts for the spouted BOSS). Sometimes they get stale bread as a treat.

Last night they got a mix of cauliflower, bell pepper, dino kale, clover sprouts, and Brussels sprouts.

I give them warm rice and oatmeal in the mornings and brings snack in the afternoons.
tongue.png

Last edited:
This morning was sooo cold. I made oatmeal with some raisins, herbs, little cayenne pepper and scratch. Thought that might warm them up. They also had some grapes, kale and some chickweed I harvested before the hard freeze.

Back
Top Bottom