how do I start a new thread on the forum page?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by cowtown chick, Apr 30, 2013.

1. sunnysideup123

sunnysideup123 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2015
    Athens, GA
    I'm sorry, I meant to say start a new Post not thread.

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    A post is a reply within a thread. For instance if you reply to me here, you have posted.

A thread is a topic of conversation. So if you have a question you want answered you will want to "start a new thread".

Are you on a mobile device? You may need to down load an app for BYC. Some devices only load up bits and pieces of BYC and until you down load this app, you will be missing all kinds of things.

I would stop by this forum for more help....https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/16183/mobile-feedback

If you are unable to start a new thread, reply to an already started thread. I am sure others have had this exact issue. I have never used my phone here on BYC and use a laptop and everything is available to me. BYC's formatting was originally for pc's.

You can also try switching to "desktop" from "mobile" version of BYC. I believe you can find that at the bottom of this page and I have heard it is also on the "Home Page" of BYC. I have heard lots of people say that this allowed them to use their mobile devices so much easier.

Good luck!

3. sunnysideup123

sunnysideup123 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 1, 2015
    Athens, GA
    Ahh ok, makes sense. Thank you.

4. chicken4prez

chicken4prez Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    I am having the same problem too

5. Chicken Chips

Chicken Chips New Egg

Nov 17, 2015
    Renmark SA
    [​IMG]

I don't have a blue box top or bottom....I'm new and I am in other forums and don't have this issue? I would have thought this would be where I post to introduce myself and say 'hi' am I in the wrong spot?

6. Zillapher

Zillapher New Egg

Nov 28, 2015
    Arizona
    I am having the exact problem, no blue box. I'm new and perhaps I have to wait? I confirmed my membership and was excited to jump in [​IMG]

7. ruthiy

ruthiy Out Of The Brooder

Nov 29, 2015
    England
    I need help to get my ducks out of house were quite happy then suddenly won't come out

8. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome @Chicken Chips & @Zillapher

I'm not sure why there would be no "Start a new thread" box there for you :idunno
    Have you tried logging out and signing back in again ?

9. Leisure105

Leisure105 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2015
    I have also been searching all very this site for the "start a thread" button but no luck finding one. I've followed the above posts directions but it just isn't there. Any thoughts. I've been to exactly the page shown above.....no icon to be found:/

10. pa2chitown

pa2chitown Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2015
    I am having the same problem encountered by the people on this thread in 2013. I started by sending an email that is almost identical
    to the first post here... I read the posts and saw the page views. This thread is the only one that has allowed me to post. The others, that
    i've seen, do not have an option to post or "start a new thread". If "we" can figure out how to post here, we'd be able to post on new members,
    don't you think?

Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by