How do I use manna pro poultry protector on ducks?

Jenbirdee

Expecting Miracles
Premium Feather Member
Aug 9, 2020
Maryland
some of my ducks are acting suspiciously 'itchy' so I ordered poultry protector just in case . now i have several older ducks currently molting so I understand why they act itchy , but my 7 month old silver appleyard girl seems to be excessively preening, especially her wings. could she be going into a molt as well? I didnt expect my 7 month olds to molt again yet.
Anyway I caught her and inspected her and do no see anything. she is so beautiful and perfect everywhere I look.
But since I ordered the manna prop poultry protector spray Im interested to know how to use it . is it just for the coop? or is it to spray direct on birds?
would I have to keep them from swimming for a few days? (oh they would loathe me)
spray the whole duck or just a few spots?
ducks feathers are soooo thick how does anything even get through them to the skin?
( @Miss Lydia I hear that you use it? )

I have used it and what I did was set the bird on my lap took my hand and fluffed the feathers up to get to the skin it takes a while because you can't wrap them in a towel like you can for giving meds. I did keep them from swimming for a while day. This was when my chickens had mites and I just knew my ducks did too but never saw one on the waterfowl. But if your ducks/geese have swimming water they probably don't have parasites. But check around her vent they seem to like that area. More than likely your 7 month old is having a mini molt.

I have been meaning to ask you about the fly deterrent we put out you know the ones with the Irish spring and citronella It has really helped here but about every 2 weeks I take a syringe and add more citronella to the outside of the stocking.

yes! thank you 💕 i love the fly bags and i’ve been adding citronella too. I can tell it needs a citronella refreshing when i see a fly actually resting on the bag, lol . I have two of them on my deck and a lot less flies Hanging out on my deck or come into the house … but the one I have inside my duck house I don’t think it works as well because I also have PT alpine now sprayed on a few boards in the ceiling of the duck house, which is actually a fly attractant lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom